By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What will MS be using as a storage medium in their next console?

To end discussion, It will use Blu-ray.

Trust Me.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
Around the Network

A hard drive that is also an xbox portable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMU

well, no. But that would be cool. If it was a good handheld.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I really hope that the next MS console does include a BD drive, this would be good for Microsoft but it would be a big big win for Sony, b/c MS would have to pay Sony for the rights to include the BD drive, and Sony has all the bargaining power so they'll no doubt make MS pony up and if MS doesn't want to pay up....well Sony can just tell em that they can't include it b/c Sony is the only one with intellectual property rights on BD, not the BDA or any other company.

The next console will have either a Blu-Ray drive or a hybrid Blu-Ray/HD DVD drive, failing the sudden emergence of a new cheap, high-storage media in the next year.

If hybrid drives are cheap they will use HD DVD for games where possible to limit piracy. Funnily enough, I think it's more likely Sony will be averse to using a hybrid drive because of the crow they would have to swallow than it is Microsoft will be averse to the use of a Blu-Ray drive.

Furthermore, anyone who thinks that Sony's PS4 will launch more than a year after Xbox 3 is a fool. Anyone that thinks that MS will dump the 360 right after launching their next console is a fool two times over. The 360 is profitable, and dumping it anytime within the next three years won't make sense unless it STOPS being profitable.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

They would probably use Blu-ray and have much larger hard drives. I'm not ready for a new generation, feels like this one's just started..

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Around the Network

Or maybe cartridges will come back?

Anyone?

Anyone?

;_;