By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 20 or bottom 80?

Tagged games:

Which is it?

Top 20 for me! 100 84.75%

Bottom 80 is where it's at! 7 5.93%

Why are you ruining my day with math? 5 4.24%

See results 6 5.08%

Total:118

I wouldnt even finish 10 of the top 20 games. So yeah, 20 is more than enough And I do prefer a long lasting enjoyable game rather than tons of bad/boring games.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I would rather have the top 5 than the bottom 95.

Would you rather have your 5 most fave games than the other 95 in your personal top 100 fave games list? Heck, would you rather have just the #1? If it was my personal top 100, and it was 5 vs 95, there are too many great games in my personal top 100 to pass over 95 of them in favour of just 5, even if my most favourite 5 are great games.

Nah I was thinking more on one single generation instead of my all-time favourites, in that case I guess I would rather have the bottom 95 too.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Zkuq said:
Top 10 vs. bottom 90 would be more interesting. However, 20 great games is very good already, and at least one of them is bound to be a timesink (e.g. open world), so there's just no way I'd the bottom 80.

Good point.

How about it, people? Would you change your answer if it was 10 vs. 90? Or even 5 vs. 95? Where's the cutoff?

We also should consider variety. Of my top 5 games, probably 4 are Pokemon, so of course I'll take the bottom 95! 10 vs 90 is much harder; I think that would be better for the thread/discussion

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

of course the top 20, who would pick the bottom 80 ?

I choose the 20%

In other words: Nintendo > Sony/MS

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

I just get the 20 good ones and get the 80 shitty ones through one Humble Bundle.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Top 20 over the other 80, easily. Quality over Quantity all the way. The top of such a ranking contains games that would be unquestionably "unmissable". All-time classsics. Even when I would consider my personal list of favorite games, like those I made for Smeags's end of the year threads.

Now, taking that list, I think I'll still take my Top 10 over the rest, but it would be a hesitant choice. With less than 10, it would get really tricky. With any single library from any random console it's probably an easier choice though. Like say would I take my personal Top 5 N64 over all the others on the system, I'd easily say yes, let alone the Top 20.

Top 20, because I'm still playing Xenoblade X a year + later.

Really depend what game is in the list, Like romance of the three kingdom series is in the 80 but would be very high on my priority list..

I would choice top 20 without list but depend game i may choice the 80 ^^ because my taste not alway match rewiewer.

Top 20 for sure.

I could only play so many games at once, so I would rather have a handful of my all time favs, rather than just games I simply enjoy.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."