By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation E3 2016 Press Conference Thread - It's over!

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
poklane said:

Yeah, looks like the page isn't fully updated yet. Like you said, if you choose the Crash Edition it show the Standard Edition. Also, the Crash Edition lists all platforms but only the PS4 versions shows a retailer available (Toys R Us).

If this is the Crash Bandicoot comeback, PLEASE DO NOT happen at E3...
Seriously if some guy steps on stage and started talking about a loved character getting back and this is what they show that's just FF 7 PC port all over again, I seriously hope he is made to retreat by the booing, though it's a press conference so it'll be hard to happen, but really, don't do it Activision, don't allow them to say it on stage Sony, PLEASE, it'll be such a letdown inside a great event, it may make us even forget about the new GoW just shown, and just get sad...

It's already pretty sad though...they ruined spyro and now it's Crash's turn it seems :'(

Who knows, there might be an actual Crash game and this is just to coincide with it so anything is possible. Still would like a proper spyro game as well...

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Shadow8 said:

It's already pretty sad though...they ruined spyro and now it's Crash's turn it seems :'(

Who knows, there might be an actual Crash game and this is just to coincide with it so anything is possible. Still would like a proper spyro game as well...

They should just sell both already, instead of putting them on limbo and maybe even using it to make people sad, as it may happen with Crash...

Yeah they should. Doubtful, but I really want my purple dragon back T.T

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

i'm pretty surprised this went unnotice so far espically conisdering Nerd Leak's track record so far.

But if Activision is making a new Crash game i'm fully expecting another Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5.

BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:

HD Remake? Then it's from the PS2 era games at best, as the PS1 ones are owned by Sony.

That... would not be the ideal...

if they own the rights to the IP then they would be able to do a complete remake from scratch of the first PS1 Crash.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
animegaming said:

if they own the rights to the IP then they would be able to do a complete remake from scratch of the first PS1 Crash.

They can't remake something they don't own, they own Crash, the characters and the series, but they don't own those PS1 games, without Sony approval, they can't remake then.
If Sony is involved, they yes, that could be the case.

except he's probably talking about a remake in the style of Resident Evil Remake, Ratchet and Clank 2016, Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes, and the upcoming Final Fantasy 7 remake. None of those remakes used any code, models, textures, and so on from their original versions unlike stuff The Last Of Us Remaster, the Zelda remasters for the Wii U, and all of those HD collections we saw last gen those were just straight ports while a Crash remake would definitetly fall into the former.

People are not going to be happy if the "bomb" for Sony is a remake of crash bandicoot being made by activision and being "first on ps4" or "ps4 exclusive content"

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

BraLoD said:
animegaming said:

except he's probably talking about a remake in the style of Resident Evil Remake, Ratchet and Clank 2016, Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes, and the upcoming Final Fantasy 7 remake. None of those remakes used any code, models, textures, and so on from their original versions unlike stuff The Last Of Us Remaster, the Zelda remasters for the Wii U, and all of those HD collections we saw last gen those were just straight ports while a Crash remake would definitetly fall into the former.

They can't use the scenarios those PS1 games have, the RE Remake is something in line with this, they could probably do changes to make scenarios that resemble those, but then that would not feel like a remake, but a reboot (in line with Ratchet and Clank).
Anyway, that's just IF they didn't ask anything from Sony and copypaste the PS1 games made the same but with modern tools and tech, if they want to make a faithful remake that way they have very likely gotten Sony into the conversation prior.

It's just like Activision owns the series but Sony can still use a part of a PS1 Crash game on Uncharted without even mentioning Activision in the game credits, Sony own those games, they decide thngs regarding them, not Activision, if Activision is linking a game to those, by using scenarios or marketing around them, they NEED to ask Sony about it.

if this actually is the case then they definitetly got Sony's permission and hell notice how close they are these days with Destiny and CoD maketing and DLC deals so i bet Nerdleaks on Crash might actually be legit.

That moment when hope for a new Crash game becomes despair...

BraLoD said:
Shadow8 said:
That moment when hope for a new Crash game becomes despair...

Well, if it's a Crash Remake around 1, 2 or 3 (maybe even all of them together) that would mean Sony is involved at an extent, the game content is already the one we know, so it'll be just as good as it is, and the only thing that'll change is the technology, which Activision developing it means nothing really, maybe that'll not look as good as if made by ND but just that, then it would already be a nice outcome.

What I want is Activision letting go of the IP, but if that doesn't happen that's one of the best next things that could.

I guess so, all we can do now is wait and see what they're gonna do with Crash. If it's like that then it's at the very least something to look forward to. Not the best thing, but better than nothing.