By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GOG.com now lets you import selected games from Steam!

Hey guys! So GOG.com just launched a new feature called GOG Connect, which lets you connect your Steam account to GOG.com and get DRM-free versions of games you already bought before on Steam.

It's not working properly right now, probably because of server overload, but here's the link to anyone who's interested:

https://www.gog.com/connect

EDIT: For some weird reason, a pencil-shaped iron statue uh.. I mean, the thread got duplicated so mods please delete the other one!

Around the Network

How cool! I love GOG :)

Great feature. I hope it aids in GOG's adoption.

That's pretty great! That said, a lot seems to be up to the publishers, who aren't probably too eager to support this (which I can already see from the available games). Also, can't even say whether it's good for me because it still hasn't done its thing. I guess I could look up the games supported by this but it wouldn't help much, because I'm not even sure what games I own on Steam...

But still, a great initiative from GOG.

Very nice, felt like this was a feature long overdue.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
That's pretty great! That said, a lot seems to be up to the publishers, who aren't probably too eager to support this (which I can already see from the available games). Also, can't even say whether it's good for me because it still hasn't done its thing. I guess I could look up the games supported by this but it wouldn't help much, because I'm not even sure what games I own on Steam...

But still, a great initiative from GOG.

Yeah, it depends on the publishers, but it's still pretty awesome. Anyways, there are just a few games because there's a time limit for you to redeem them, so when the time ends they change the games which you can redeem. I think it's really cool, I didn't even think GOG.com would do something like this, but seeing as they're pretty consumer friendly, it would have happened sooner or later.

Neat! I will certainly try it out

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Gog are fantastic.

Very pro consumer, ease of use, and no BS.

Said it before but... steam + gog = all you need.

BasilZero said:

Also anyone here tried out GOG Galaxy? Is the UI good and smooth?

Thinking about installing it considering I already have Steam, Origin, Uplay - might as well install this and use it to download/install/play my games rather than going old school manual.

It's good, nothing special though. Looks really similar to the website. I'd say give it a try anyways and see if you like it.

"a pencil-shaped iron statue"

Lol. ICU.