By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - AMD Computex Livestream has begun, RX 480- 5+ tflops for $199, releasing June 29th

That press conf was boring but damn! 480 for $200 is dope. Can't wait for performance numbers

Also... "I AM ZEN"... AMD pls

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Captain_Yuri said:
That press conf was boring but damn! 480 for $200 is dope. Can't wait for performance numbers

Yeah, I've got to hand it to Nvidia, their conference for the GTX 1080 and 1070 was alot more exciting. 

But I'm blown away by the price/performance ratio AMD announced today, that is some serious power for $200. And they basically confimred that MS can indeed reach the rumored 6 tflop performance target for $400 with Xbox Scorpio next year.

Yea but whats also interesting is that there was a rumor where the ps4 Neo had 2304 cores and 8gb of GDDR5 vram which the AMD 480 also has! So I wonder if the ps4 Neo has a 480 inside it?

http://www.techpowerup.com/221811/playstation-4k-to-feature-a-2-304-sp-amd-polaris-gpu

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-480-polaris-10-launch/

The plot thickens!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, I've got to hand it to Nvidia, their conference for the GTX 1080 and 1070 was alot more exciting. 

But I'm blown away by the price/performance ratio AMD announced today, that is some serious power for $200. And they basically confimred that MS can indeed reach the rumored 6 tflop performance target for $400 with Xbox Scorpio next year.

It's great that the new xbox can get to 6 Tflops but I still wonder when Microsoft is going to throw another bone for AMD to live on like they did with putting in async compute and bindless resources in DX12 to AMD's benefit ...

shikamaru317 said:

Safe to assume that's DX12, AMD is known to have an advantage in DX12 games. They mentioned that Polaris will work well with Vulkan in Doom, but hard to say how many devs other than id will use Vulkan insted of DX12. 

I'd hope that more devs pick up on Vulkan, especially since there are people like me who have no plans on using 10 and others using different OS's that also make up the PC market.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

5 Teraflops at $200 is a pretty impressive price to power ratio.

So basically, you get performance in the ballpark of currently available high end cards, but at a mid-range price.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

So basically, you get performance in the ballpark of currently available high end cards, but at a mid-range price.

How does it exactly stack against 970 and 980ti?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

So why do people think Sony or MS will go away from APU design back to dedicated graphics for a console refresh that needs to be backwards compatible.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Scisca said:
curl-6 said:

How does it exactly stack against 970 and 980ti?

In straight-up FLOPS, 980 Ti is 5.6 Teraflops and the 970 is 3.5, so you're getting slightly less juice than the 980 Ti or about 50% more than the 970 for $200.

curl-6 said:

Current High End is 7-9 TFLOPS. So yeah, you get the performance of a midrange card for a mid range price, which seems fair.

BTW the 980ti is at around 7TFLOPS. Dunno where you get the 5.6 from.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Current High End is 7-9 TFLOPS. So yeah, you get the performance of a midrange card for a mid range price, which seems fair.

BTW the 980ti is at around 7TFLOPS. Dunno where you get the 5.6 from.

That's if you overclock it. A reference 980 Ti at stock clock delivers 5.6 TFlops so curl-6 would be correct from that point ...