By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VR is going to be what Nintendo only wished the Wii could have been! Casuals will go crazy-

Haha, it does looks like that lady is really enjoying it.

So are you saying VR is going to sell over 100 mil units? Haha...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

somehow i believe NX will have VR support...

I think prices might be too high.

It really isn't that simple. For casuals, even having VR is still a *relatively* costly investment. Not to mention it's pretty damn impractical, for what some might be willing to deal with. It'll be quite a long while before VR becomes as common place as the Wii was, though the odds are that it will. And it'll take much, much longer for VR than it did for the Wii.

bet: lost

HokageTenshi said:
somehow i believe NX will have VR support...

I seriously hope not.

Around the Network

VR will only succeed when we get the first proper standalone HMDs. It will never have a breakthrough as long as it's still tied to specific systems and even worse, cables.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

spurgeonryan said:

http://imgur.com/iY0rL9X?r

That link will lead you to a 96 year old Grandma being able to enjoy her life again. She seems to be trapped in a wheel chair.

Heartwarming and amazing!

Look out Apple! You stole the Wii's business and now this will be the next big thing.

No matter the price.

Lol, right.

Some of the comments are funny. Be sure to read 'em folks.

So you're telling me that something that's really expensive (easily $500+) and can prove difficult for some people to physically use will be a more commercial hit than something that was 250 dollars and worked right out of the box and had little to no barrier to entry?

That's rich.

Also you're assuming that Apple isn't even looking into this space (they probably are).

Well yes, evebtually. There is just so much that VR makes possible that cant be ignored. But most of that is like 5-10yrs away. Vr is goinf to do for entertainment what the TV did too back then.

Imagine watching a live sports broadcast and not only be able to choose your zoom level of the action, but to be able to turn around and look at the spectators too. Or a moto GP race and be able to turn around and see what even the rifer cant see with the action constantly as close as you want it to be. Or a movie with a war scene and be able to use a follow cam and constantly see everything happening around you. Or go for an open house session from your living room.

The price and ease if use has to come down first though.