By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Economic migrants from Africa flooding Europe! This needs to stop!

Your thoughts?

Yes, these people aren't... 111 54.68%

No, they're refugees, an... 49 24.14%

We shouldn't encourage t... 43 21.18%

Total:203

I really hope that forum curation becomes a supporter reward so I can stop seeing threads like this on the front page of a gaming forum.

Around the Network
lionpetercarmoo said:
Nautilus said:

Hate me all you want, but thats actually the response they should give.You cant fix the worlds problem by yourself.If they wree to do what you just suggested, they should take in 40% of the world, if not more, inside their borders.Thats just insane.

And Im pretty sure you wouldnt just let strange people come in if you had the chance.There is an easy way to prove this:Do you invite every homeless guy that you pass through to your house?I mean, giving food wont cut it, since they would still be in the same situation.The "right" thing to do would be to get those people to your house and elt them live there to try to give them a better life.Do you do that?Most likely not.Why?Because its not your fault.The one that should be fixing those guys problems is the government.The same applies to Europe.

There is no ideal answer to this.Every action has a consequence.If you dont fix the problem, but rather stimulate remending the problem, people will get accoustomed to it and things will never change.

Here is the thing. As a regular human being we dont have enough power to get that homeless guy out of his situation. But Europe being a nation they can definitely help the immigrants and help solve the crisis in Africa and then when it's all over the Africans have a choice of going back or not.

Actually thats not true.Obviously it depends how much wealth you have, but if you are rich enough, you could easily rent a house for him or let him live in a spare room, without having to downgrade your lifestyle.You could buy food for him, spare time to help him search for a job, pay for his medical bills while he dont have the money to do so.It dosent need to be dozens of people, just do for as much people as you can.Assuming you can do at least 50% of those things, why are you not willing to do it, but want other to do that?Do you know why?Because you will be spending the money you earned, the time you could use for yourself.But Europe is okay.I mean, the citizens wont mind paying more bills to keep those immigrants feed right?They wont mind need to work more every day to keep these people healthy.Its not that much different buddy.

And as I said in another post, you wotn take in those guys for one or two years.You will take them, and their children, for the rest of their lives.Why?Because their own countrys problem wont be fixed in a wink.It takes decades to fix deep problems like many countries like Africa and Middle East have.As I said, its not a black and white situation like you and many others like to think it is.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

spemanig said:
I really hope that forum curation becomes a supporter reward so I can stop seeing threads like this on the front page of a gaming forum.

You may not agree with me, but I like the diversity.As long as people keep things civil, its great for community building in my opinion.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Europe is doomed unlike Nintendo. We have chosen to perish a long time ago. Nothing can stop it now :(.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

WolfpackN64 said:
If these people are willing to risk limb and life to get in Europe to flee poverty, bad conditions, political persecution or else, why shouldn't they be welcome.

We signed the Human Rights treaty and we're going to enforce it by any means necessary.

Population in Africa is going to double to 2.4billion by 2050. If just 1% decides to come to Europe, that is 24.000.000 migrants just from Africa. Let's take that 50% of them is educated (optimistic number), that makes 12.000.000 unskilled workers in an era of computerisation and mechanisation. Labourers are less needed every decennia, so they'll stay jobless, get welfare and do nothing because there is no work. 
Also Europe is realizing that its welfare needs change because it's getting out of control, those people will put an extra strain on it.

And those migrants probably won't invest in the countries of arrival, because they are dirt poor, even if they are considered whealty in their own country. Mostly all the money they had went to pay smugglers for their trip to Europe (still with risk of their own life). So the state has to provide housing for them or they'll end up in the streets. But also medical care has to be paid for them (yes in Europe the state pays it for you), because mostly they didn't had any vaccination or arrive underfed or sick.

And mostly it are even just men that arrive. But don't worry, in Europe they have the right of family reunion. So that's another 2-3 people, -no make that 6 because its Africa- that will arrive. So more workers, yay? No their wives don't work (but still get paid unemployment compensation).

But hey, it's our duty to help those people right.
So it's also our duty to import poverty.
And it's our duty to pay for those countries incompetence to create a decent state.

I'm not against those people, only against mass migration. We need to help them, but at the source, not in our homes.

Around the Network
DamnTastic said:
WolfpackN64 said:
If these people are willing to risk limb and life to get in Europe to flee poverty, bad conditions, political persecution or else, why shouldn't they be welcome.

We signed the Human Rights treaty and we're going to enforce it by any means necessary.

Population in Africa is going to double to 2.4billion by 2050. If just 1% decides to come to Europe, that is 24.000.000 migrants just from Africa. Let's take that 50% of them is educated (optimistic number), that makes 12.000.000 unskilled workers in an era of computerisation and mechanisation. Labourers are less needed every decennia, so they'll stay jobless, get welfare and do nothing because there is no work. 
Also Europe is realizing that its welfare needs change because it's getting out of control, those people will put an extra strain on it.

And those migrants probably won't invest in the countries of arrival, because they are dirt poor, even if they are considered whealty in their own country. Mostly all the money they had went to pay smugglers for their trip to Europe (still with risk of their own life). So the state has to provide housing for them or they'll end up in the streets. But also medical care has to be paid for them (yes in Europe the state pays it for you), because mostly they didn't had any vaccination or arrive underfed or sick.

And mostly it are even just men that arrive. But don't worry, in Europe they have the right of family reunion. So that's another 2-3 people, -no make that 6 because its Africa- that will arrive. So more workers, yay? No their wives don't work (but still get paid unemployment compensation).

But hey, it's our duty to help those people right.
So it's also our duty to import poverty.
And it's our duty to pay for those countries incompetence to create a decent state.

I'm not against those people, only against mass migration. We need to help them, but at the source, not in our homes.

We could help them if we stopped dumping our agricultural products at undermarket prices and exploiting their lands for mineral wealth.

So how exactly do you stop this? I somehow doubt they risk everything (including their lives) to get to Europe unless they have a very good reason to do so, which makes me think telling them to fish up their wrecks and go home won't work very well. You can ferry them back but chances are they'll join the next caravan and soon be back on European shores (or end up on the seafloor if they have bad luck with their dice rolls). They're desperate people, desperate people do desperate stuff.
I suppose we could tell those helping immigrants in need to sit back and watch while the Africans drown, as that would lower the amount of people reaching our lands by a fair bit, but they might be too civilised to listen.

WolfpackN64 said:

We could help them if we stopped dumping our agricultural products at undermarket prices and exploiting their lands for mineral wealth.

True, but the most important thing those countries need is political stability. If you create that you lay the fundament for further improvement. 

KLXVER said:
Nautilus said:

Its a bit different.In that situation, I would certainly do what you just said(most likely),maybe even let the woman stay in my house for one day, but with imigrants you cant say "oh sure come in for one or two years then go back to your country" because the situation of those countries wont be resolved that soon.You are basically making them citizens.If it were a handful of people, then sure you could ddo it, because Europe could handle a handful of imigrants.But there are millions upon millions of them.Even if you let them all in, surely a good percentage of them would still live in a bad life condition.It wouldnt be Europes fault either, they would be making their best in a horrible scenario.And even then, the ones paying for all these people that just came in are the citizens.And thats also not fair with them.This is not a black and white situation as many people like to think it is.

If only the UN would focus more on stuff like this instead of worrying about Japanese men looking at drawings of underaged girls...

People are morons. If we stopped being so sensitive and applied a mixture of progressive and conservative views, we would be in a much better condition

But noooooooooo, we need to promote obesity and make sure no one is offended. Oh yeah, we also need to hate on white people because...uh, logic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

spemanig said:

? Would you mind explaining what forum curation is?

Also, I've seen you typically engage in non-gaming related threads I've made(and ones made from other people). Didn't think you had a problem with them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.