By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Resident Evil 5 video

kingofwale said:
can I just say, by watching that video, there's no chance it's coming on Wii.

Hmm am just going to use this qouted post because its your smallest one.

Am going to to show you that the gap between consoles although large is in fact meger in terms of overall power.

The Wii's Specs are much like my current laptops, in comparison to my PC which thus properly stomps the 360 and PS3 into the ground with extreme predjudice. Yet! yes there is a yet. My laptop will run Wow at its bottom low setting where my PC will far and surpass them with leeps and bounds by running it on a Resolution that makes HD look like the size of a fridge magnet.

Truly yes RE5 could run on a Wii no problem it will take what we all know is called a graphical downgrade, does this mean it will look like RE4? No it would like about 2x as good. Does this mean it will look like the 360 or PS3 version of the game? No it wont. It will be a middle ground like Mario Galaxy. Thats if Capcom whats to put the money into making the game, and if they want to make the game well.

Which I doubt they will. Your right I bet they dont make a Wii version just out of stupidity they wont. Yes they could, and your grasp of technology is not the end all be all of an arguement.

Specs*

Laptop 512 DDR Ram, 3000+ AMD 64 bit processor, Some mobile version of a 5200 nvdia card, Sufice to say its much weaker then a Wii, in fact it probably doesnt have 1/3 of the Wii's power.

PC Quad Core Intel Q6600 2.4GHz with 2x 4MB L2 caches, a eVGA 8800 GTS 512 version, and 4GB of Corsiar random gaming RAM.

I got to ask you in all your technological wisdom that you really seem to think you got. Why is it that PC games consistantly make it to Xbox360 and PS3. It is not because there close in power by any means, that is obvious. I would say its more of the devlopers making a game that will easily run on the system(s) instead of maxing the setting for anyone one platform. There is a reason games like Crysis will either not make it to consoles or will take a lot of extra work to make it to consoles. Hell Supreme Commander is going to tear that poor system apart if they run it on max settings.

Around the Network

This game looks amazing.

@King of Wale:

Just let Gballzack and the rest keep dreaming about this game.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

God the Sony trolls are vicious about this one.

I m sick of these "american targeted" design in game.

Chris was never supposed to be so big (look at these arms)

(same for the big breast on girls ...)

Time to Work !