By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Favorite 3D Zelda Dungeon?

Favorite Dungeon?

Snowpeak Ruins (TP) 17 32.69%

Spirit Temple (OoT) 18 34.62%

Great Bay Temple (MM) 2 3.85%

Earth Temple (WW) 6 11.54%

Sand Ship (SS) 9 17.31%

Total:52

Ancient Cistern from Skyward Sword.  The dungeons in Skyward Sword are just so good, which is part of the reason why Skyward Sword is my favorite 3D Zelda game.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network

The sand dungeons are among my favourites. The Spirit temple, Arbiters ground, Lanayru mining facility and Sandship were great. Lanayru is my favourite because it is very long and the music made it so atmospheric, it gave the the dungeon a feeling of dread throughout. One of my other favourites would be the forest temple from OOT again because of the atmosphere, the scary music gave the feeling of impending doom.

One of my main reason for loving the LOZ series is the feeling of isolation that you're on your own and the odds are stacked against you, dungeons that capture this essence the most are the best in my opinion.

ninjapirate42 said:
There's love for a lot! But like the ass I am I only chose one from each game :)

Not an ass at all! It's impossible to capture everything in the poll!

I'm just happy to talk Zelda with fellow fans

CWegzz said:

Ancient Cistern from Skyward Sword.  The dungeons in Skyward Sword are just so good, which is part of the reason why Skyward Sword is my favorite 3D Zelda game.

Couldn't agree more. Every time I try to think about my favorite Zelda game, it's always a tie between SS and OoT lol.

Snow peak was the highlight of tp. My favorite dungeon is the first dungeon in the first Zelda. I don't think I need to nor am I able to explain ;)

Around the Network
Vini256 said:
CWegzz said:

Couldn't agree more. Every time I try to think about my favorite Zelda game, it's always a tie between SS and OoT lol.

I love, love, love Skyward Sword. The music is magnificent. The motion controls are accurate, immersive, and make each enemy encounter a puzzle in itself. The dungeon design might be the best in the series. The watercolor graphics are charming.

But...

I just can't get over its linear design. I wanted more exploration, more side quests, and less hand-holding. That's what keeps it from being the best for me.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Vini256 said:

I love, love, love Skyward Sword. The music is magnificent. The motion controls are accurate, immersive, and make each enemy encounter a puzzle in itself. The dungeon design might be the best in the series. The watercolor graphics are charming.

But...

I just can't get over its linear design. I wanted more exploration, more side quests, and less hand-holding. That's what keeps it from being the best for me.

Well, hopefully the new Zelda will deliver on those! I can't believe it has been 5 years since SS released already, gee I'm getting old =P

I wonder if this game will ever get a remake. Unless motion controllers come back I think it will be impossible :'(

Vini256 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

But...

Well, hopefully the new Zelda will deliver on those! I can't believe it has been 5 years since SS released already, gee I'm getting old =P

I wonder if this game will ever get a remake. Unless motion controllers come back I think it will be impossible :'(

You and me both, brother.

I can't imagine a remake since I expect Nintendo to move away from motion controls. The game wouldn't be the same without them.

Only 18 days and we shall know the answers!

Tower of the Gods. It's just so cool thematically.

Same with the temple where you get the Mirror Shield in WW.