By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your fondest local multiplayer memories?

Credit to Veknoid, who through our short exchange of posts managed to plant the seed to this thread in my head. And I realize this is probably similar to other threads that get posted every once in a while, but eh, whatever.

Anyway, I'll get right to it, what are your fondest local multiplayer memories? And how do you feel about fewer and fewer games bothering with local multiplayer (wether it be a co-op offline campaign or online splitscreen ala CoD)?

Around the Network

Having a 4 PC LAN set up in my basement growing up. The Starcraft, Quake, Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem, and Unreal Tournament matches were the stuff of legend.

CladInShadows said:
Having a 4 PC LAN set up in my basement growing up. The Starcraft, Quake, Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem, and Unreal Tournament matches were the stuff of legend.

Like a "permanent" 4 PC LAN, or just once in a while?

Playing Super Smash Bros Brawl with my friends in high school! We have over 1000 hours on that game... We really love that game... (Already have 500 hours+ on Super Smash Bros 4)

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Playing Goldeney with my family and friends on the 64.That was the definition of fun with others

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Definitely SSB 64. My friends and I spent months upon months playing that game when I was in middle school. So much fun.

Split screen Twisted Metal World Tour. I played it so much with my friend or brother. We still play it to this day. Sooo goood!!
The newest Twisted Metal was a shadow of a game in comparison to World Tour and Black... I mean it actually had races. WTH!?

Also me and a friend love Tekken, we play it nearly whenever we want a game of something.

Hmm, pie.

Like lan parties? PC side: Duke Nuke'em 3D , Unreal tournament, GL Quake, Red Aleart.
Consoles: turtles, mario (take turns), pilot wings, killer instinct.

JRPGfan said:
Like lan parties? PC side: Duke Nuke'em 3D , Unreal tournament, GL Quake, Red Aleart.
Consoles: turtles, mario (take turns), pilot wings, killer instinct.

Or just playing split screen with a friend and stuff like that.

Playing Brawl free for alls with friends.

Was so fun.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."