By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - remake that crappy ass game

if you were to remake a game that sucked but you felt it had the potential to be awesome, what would that shit be yo?

id remake earthworm jim 3d and make it playable this time.

Around the Network

I would remake Super Paper Mario, and the battle system wouldn't suck.

300 March to Glory for Wii with the motion controls and such it could have been very successfull but they had to make it for the PSP and get very little success.

Avatar: The last Airbender (any game they put out won't be up to potential). The Avatar IP has serious potential for a great fun experience with some challenge. The show is great and could be a great game too.

Red Steel

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
luinil said:
Avatar: The last Airbender (any game they put out won't be up to potential). The Avatar IP has serious potential for a great fun experience with some challenge. The show is great and could be a great game too.

I second that...

Oh and I would love a new Duck Tales game... the NES one was great but evey Disney game after that didn´t do anything for me... Oh and a new Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers game....  

ninja bread man

Chrono Cross.

@El Duderino: I loved Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers game on the NES! It was an excellent platformer and was incredibly fun and challenging at times (especially as a kid).

@Words of Wisdom: I loved that game too. It was a good game imo, but could have been a bit better. A remake is in order.

Lost: Via Domus

My first priority would be to make it an actual game. After that, I would fix the gameplay they do have.

The jungle navigation = cool. I would keep that keep that not always have the black Smoke Monster present and I wouldn't have people randomly shoot and kill you.

After that, I would either ditch the gun or find more places to use it. Personally, I would rather go for ditching it since it's such a small part of the game.

Next, I would fix the controls, and this would even be an easy one! All they would need to do is not have the camera auto correct to look forward. If I tell it to look down, just stay looking down until I finally decide to look forward again. If I want to recenter the camera, just click L3 or R3 (even though I hate those buttons).

Ditch the SIXAXIS controls for the PS3 version. It was a valiant effort but really not that good.

For the cave sections, those would be salvageable but I would 1) not make the caves so damn confusing, 2) make the light source have a bigger radius, and 3) lose the fucking pointless bats.

The computer parts sound cool on paper but they so aren't. I might keep the inputting the numbers the one time you do it, that's cool, but I would get rid of the retarded IQ tests.

Fix the camera mini games. When you take a picture of something the player needs to positioned perfectly, the zoom needs to be perfect, and the focus has to be just right. If I have the whole object in frame and I'm reasonably close, just let me have the success.

For the Black Smoke Monsters parts, lost the pointless first person waiting sequence. It serves no purpose other than to make me sit and do nothing for 15-20 seconds over and over again. Don't change the perspective and don't make me watch the same damn cut scene that I can't skip every time.

Let me skip the Previously on Lost... cut scenes, actually, let me skip every cut scene for that matter. The cut scenes were cool but sometimes I just don't want to watch them more than once.

Fix the unintuitive encounters. The perfect example is you can see someone being held prisoner by another guy with a gun to their head. You walk to the door, the game lets you draw your gun (you can only do that in very specific places), you open the door, and he immediately one shots you before you can do anything. If you try to draw your gun, you die. If you try to move, you die. What you're supposed to do is open the door without your gun drawn, let him point the gun at you, deliver his lines, and then draw your gun and hope he doesn't shoot you. That's bullshit and that's not the only instance of stupid shit like that.

Ditch the stupid circuit mini game.

The barter system is pretty stupid. Coconuts are worth $2!? OMG!! I understand they needed some kind of economy but this was just pretty absurd.

Increase the inventory or tell me that I'm wasting my time collecting stuff to stock up on ammo and kerosene because I'm never going to use it all. In fact, the gun costs $110 and the ammo clips cost $30 which are both a lot and you never need to buy them. Every instance where you need either, they just give you them.

The list goes on but I feel the anger rising so I'll stop now.

I actually wouldn't do a lot to the story.  It's decent, though it still could be better (though I'll leave that up to the Lost writers).  It's fun to walk around familiar places on the island and you even find out some things.   I would just make it so you don't just pass through the first season in the first hour or so of the game.  There's so much that goes on on that island and they just skipped right over all of it.  

(and aren't you glad I didn't use sadly?)