By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony expects to make most profit from the Games division since 1998! $1.22 Billion, nearly half the profits PS2 ever made in just 1 year !

Likely gonna surpass its biggest year 1998

Around the Network

Lord Kaz masterplan complete

Turkish said:

And they said Sony should exist the gaming hardware market after the PS3. And they said the ps2 glory days would never return!! 

Well here we are.  and all the while Sony investing heavily in the likes of ps VUE, psvr ps neo and ps now.

The crazy thing is these profits could increase a lot over the next few years. 

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 26 July 2018

Kerotan said:

And they said Sony should exist the gaming hardware market after the PS3. And they said the ps2 glory days would never return!! 

Well here we are.  and all the while Sony investing heavily in the likes of ps VUE, psvr ps neo and ps now.

The crazy thing is these profits could increase a lot over the next few years. 

The real crazy thing is that by 2018 sony could be making more than that amiunt from just PS+ and PSVue subscriptions. 

Around the Network

Very much deserved.

Now to see if they can stay strong and consistent going forward. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all seem keen on periodically screwing up.

This is probably due to having more first party titles(in general), and they selling much more units (again, in general) than previous generation.Oh and PS Plus.This thing bring insane amounts of cash.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Daniel Loeb still wants to sell off playstation?

OttoniBastos said:
Turkish said:

I'm actually happy for Kaz!

He got in charge of Sony in the wost possible moment and used a long term strategy to recover it.The amount of shit he probably had to endure.Finally his investments are bringing results.

Yeah I remember the doom here by "experts" who were doubting Lord Kaz.

Nintendo fans thought Sony would go bankrupt in 5 years... But Sony is now worth $15 Billion more than Nintendo, and Nintendo has eaten through their Wii war chest.