By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's 1st and 2nd Party Dev Studios-

I am curious as to all of the studios Nintendo Owns, I am going to put the ones I know, and what I know they have done in the past. I am sure I will miss some so please add ones I miss.

EAD(the big one)- Pretty much all Zeldas, every Mario but SMG. Pikmin, and the Brain training Games I think. Maybe some of the mario sports games.

Intelligent System(personal fav)- make more hardcore type games- Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, 2d Metriod, and a whole slew of handheld games.

HAL- Kirby, Smash, maybe some Mario sports games?

Retro- Metriod.. Metriod? Raven Blade(canned)

Monolith- i really know very little about them. Baiten Kaitos, I think they do JRPGs

EAD Tokyo- Rather new, but are a 1/1 with SMG being their only game as of yet.

GameFreak- Pokemon, Pokemon Ranger, Pokemon, and have I mentioned Pokemon?

I know I have to be missing a few here. Please add games and Devs as I missed them.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Ripped from Wikipedia:

Current first-party

* Brownie Brown — Software developer consisting of former members of Squaresoft. Responsible for Magical Vacation and Magical Starsign, and for supporting Shigesato Itoi and HAL with Mother 3.
* Intelligent Systems — Established in 1986 by former members of Nintendo Research & Development 1 to develop games. Responsible for Metroid, Fire Emblem, Wario Ware, Card Hero series and Famicom Wars franchises.
* Monolith Soft — Founded in 1999 by a former member of Square Co., Nintendo bought a majority stake on April 27, 2007 from Namco Bandai. Developer of the Xenosaga series, as well as Namco x Capcom, and the Baten Kaitos series. Currently developing the upcoming Wii title Disaster: Day of Crisis and the DS titles Soma Bringer along with Eternal Frontier: Super Robot Wars Original Generation.
* Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development (Originally "Nintendo Research & Development 4") — Largest division at Nintendo. Managed by Shigeru Miyamoto. Responsible for the Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Wii Series, and other franchises.
* Nintendo Software Technology Corporation — Redmond-based studio responsible for Metroid Prime Hunters, among others.
* Nintendo Software Planning and Development — Development division inside Nintendo. SPD was created during a corporate restructuring in 2004 and primarily assists other first party teams and manages overseas production of first party franchises.
* Retro Studios — Austin-based studio fully owned by Nintendo. Developer of the Metroid Prime games excluding Hunters and Pinball.

Current second-party

* AlphaDream — Developer of Tomato Adventure (Japan only), Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.
* Ambrella — Developer of Hey You, Pikachu!, Pokémon Channel, and Pokémon Dash.
* Game Freak — Developer of the Pokémon video game series and Drill Dozer.
* Genius Sonority — Newly formed developer; responsible for Pokémon Colosseum, its sequel, Pokémon XD, and the Pokémon puzzle game: Pokémon Trozei.
* HAL Laboratory — Responsible for the Kirby franchise, Super Smash Bros. series, the Eggerland series (also known as the Adventures of Lolo series), the development of the e-Reader, and co-produced the EarthBound/Mother series.
* Noise — Developer of the Custom Robo franchise.
* Nexon - Developer of MapleStory DS, based on the MMORPG, MapleStory.

Also, exclusive 3rd parties:

Current Exclusive to Nintendo systems

* 5TH Cell - Developer of Drawn to Life series for Nintendo DS and Wii.
* Camelot Software Planning — Developer of Nintendo's Mario Golf and Mario Tennis series as well as the Golden Sun franchise. Recently developed We Love Golf for the Wii, published by Capcom.
* EA Salt Lake — Formerly known as Headgate Studios, it was bought by Electronic Arts and is now creating games exclusively for the Wii and Nintendo DS.
* Fall Line — Salt Lake City based game developer formed by Disney to create games exclusive to Nintendo systems.
* Firebrand Games — Develops racing games, such as Codemasters' Race Driver: Create and Race for the Nintendo DS. It is developing for the Wii as well.
* Fuse Games — A British Pinball game company who made Mario Pinball Land and Metroid Prime Pinball.
* Jet Black Games — Created by former developers at EA Canada, it have announced that it will license and develop games exclusively for Nintendo's hardware.
* Jupiter — Developer of the Nintendo DS game Spectrobes, the Pokemon Pinball series, and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories among other titles.
* Kuju Entertainment London — Developer of the Battalion Wars series of games; the London studio is exclusive to Nintendo.
* Shin'en — Developer of the Nanostray games for the DS and Wii.
* skip Ltd. — Developer of the Chibi-Robo series, the bit Generations series (Japan only), and GiFTPiA (Japan only).

The rEVOLution is not being televised

wow never heard of about 50% of those.. what is brownie brown doing right now?

bigjon said:
wow never heard of about 50% of those.. what is brownie brown doing right now?

They are working with Mistwalker on Blue Dragon Plus for DS.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

bigjon said:

I am curious as to all of the studios Nintendo Owns, I am going to put the ones I know, and what I know they have done in the past. I am sure I will miss some so please add ones I miss.

EAD(the big one)- Pretty much all Zeldas, every Mario but SMG. Pikmin, and the Brain training Games I think. Maybe some of the mario sports games.

Intelligent System(personal fav)- make more hardcore type games- Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, 2d Metriod, and a whole slew of handheld games.

HAL- Kirby, Smash, maybe some Mario sports games?

Retro- Metriod.. Metriod? Raven Blade(canned)

Monolith- i really know very little about them. Baiten Kaitos, I think they do JRPGs

EAD Tokyo- Rather new, but are a 1/1 with SMG being their only game as of yet.

GameFreak- Pokemon, Pokemon Ranger, Pokemon, and have I mentioned Pokemon?

I know I have to be missing a few here. Please add games and Devs as I missed them.

They did deveolp SMG. There is also a surprsing number of defunct second and third party studios.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

no EAD tokyo made SMG. Different studio.

Husdon makes Mario Party
THQ is under contract to make something for Nintendo
Sega made F-Zero GX and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics (which was published by Nintendo in Japan)

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Game Freak also made Drill Dozer and the Gameboy camera, but still they're main thing is Pokemon