By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 2 pegged for autumn

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=185467

Far Cry 2 is set to release this autumn, Ubisoft has told CVG.

Originally the publisher had pegged the PC version for spring, but changed the date to a very general April '08-March '09 when PS3 and Xbox 360 versions were confirmed.

But we've narrowed that down a bit.

Far Cry 2's not only technically ambitious on a graphical level but also in the way the storyline is being presented. Creative director Clint Hocking explains:

"The game's story is non-linear, dynamic, and procedurally assembled using a simple drama-management engine to populate the story with key characters, and facilitate the convergence of the story toward major climactic events.

"Simply stated, neither the world, nor the story, could be called 'linear' in any imaginable sense. The experience of the game is entirely driven by the player, with the game evaluating the player's actions and choices and serving content that puts the player's actions into a context that resonates with the themes of the game."

The sequel features a 50sq/km open world and drops the player in the middle of a failed African state, still in chaos after a recent conflict. You've been sent there to take out a weapons dealer who is arming both sides involved in the conflict.

Love up our Far Cry 2 game page for more details.

Around the Network

i never got into far cry....the trap setting was cool but other then that it just didn't offer much for me

Based on my experience with the first one on the PC, I'll be sure to stay away from it unless it can prove otherwise.

I enjoyed the Pc original. The crappy ports though, with added stuff were generally crap.

The original PC game was cool but the subsequent ports and console versions have been generally terrible.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

I'll wait for reviews, but it is still probably only a rental for me

Im totally pumped for this. Cant wait for it.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.