By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What NX won't be/will not have

So we've had a couple of NX speculation threads about what NX will have or what it could be, but what about what you think it won't be or won't have?

Maybe the exercise of discarding stuff will get us closer to the truth.

1) The NX won't be what?

2) The NX won't have what?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Hopefully it wont be another PC clone.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

The NX won't be what's necessary... a toaster that will be able to convert into a sex doll with a vagina or 12" Penis that can be placed on top.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

FunFan said:

It will be, according to the rumours/patent/information provided by Nintendo themself

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

NX wont have a NVidia chip. Amd pretty much gave the news of partnership away. Plus amd and Nintendo have had relationship for a long time now.

Around the Network
craighopkins said:
NX wont have a NVidia chip. Amd pretty much gave the news of partnership away. Plus amd and Nintendo have had relationship for a long time now.

They didn't, though.

1) The NX won't be what?

A console/handheld streaming device. PSVita does this already and it barely works without amazing WIFI. I doubt a few years will enable NX to stream cutting edge games over any distance.

2) The NX won't have what?

x86 Architecture. Although I would love for this to happen, Nintendo has their eyes somewhere else. It's "totally new" so I don't expect anything too predictable. I mean, x86 would be the logical progression from IBM Power PC but we all know it's not going to be used in NX.

shenlong213 said:
FunFan said:

It will be, according to the rumours/patent/information provided by Nintendo themself

You can still build it like a PC but that doesn't mean they have to try doing absaolutely everything a PC can do, case in point media focus, external storage, web browsing, media playback, streaming, streaming games, modding, focus on realistic visuals, all of which the other two systems try to emulate and have done for the past 3 gens.

I would hope for Nintendo to just carry on making classic games along with carrying on the regular franchises they own rather than trying to turn their console into a literal PC that tries to be a jack of all trades, master of none, instead it should purely focus on just gaming which includes none of the above to be included at all, just the games and nothing else.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

spemanig said:
craighopkins said:

They didn't, though.

AMD is creating 3 custom chips. Company CEO Lisa Su did say, that all three chips are destined for the world of gaming.

Half a brain says Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.

craighopkins said:

AMD is creating 3 custom chips. Company CEO Lisa Su did say, that all three chips are destined for the world of gaming.

Half a brain says Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.

A whole brain doesn't jump to conclusions.