By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Play Mario Kart Wii next week

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=185376

Nintendo UK is set to kick off a country-wide Mario Kart Wii tournament next week, letting gamers go hands-on with the racer before it releases on April 11.

The tourney is set to take place in GAME stores across Britain (except, for some reason, London) next Saturday, April 5, though you won't be able to practice for it because erm, the game isn't out yet.

Prizes include £250 of 'Experience Vouchers' for activities including Karting, Paintballing and Quad Biking and a Mario Kart VW Beetle Convertible, for power sliding around Sainsbury's car park on a Friday night.

The Grand final will take place at a fancy racing day event at Mercedes-Benz World, Brooklands.

If you're up for it, get yourself down to one of the GAME stores below next Saturday. Oh, and don't forget to read NGamer's massive review right here.

UPDATE: GAME has sent us over the full list and look - there are London dates! And even better, Romford dates!

• MANCHESTER, Arndale Centre
  • TRAFFORD, Trafford Centre
  • BOURNEMOUTH, Commercial Road
  • PORSTMOUTH, Commercial Road
  • STEVENAGE, The Forum
  • MERRYHILL, Merryhill Shopping Centre
  • READING, Oracle Shopping Centre
  • BASINGSTOKE, Festival Place
  • BRAEHEAD, Braehead Shopping Centre
  • GLASGOW, Sauchiehall Street
  • MILTON KEYNES, Crown Walk
  • NOTTINGHAM, Victoria Centre
  • LEEDS, Albion Street
  • LUTON, Arndale Centre
  • CHELTENHAM, High Street
  • CRIBBS CAUSEWAY
  • CARDIFF, Queen Street
  • NEWCASTLE FENWICKS (GAME CONCESSION)
  • GATESHEAD
  • METRO CENTRE
  • BLACKBURN, Market Way
  • WIGAN, Standish Gate
  • HANLEY, The Potteries
  • LONDON HAMLEYS, Regent Street
  • LONDON, Oxford Street
  • THURROCK, Lakeside Shopping Centre
  • ROMFORD, Liberty 2 Centre
  • TAUNTON,Fore Street
  • EDINBURGH,Princes Street
  • DUNDEE
  • KINGSTON-UPON-THAMES, The Bentalls Center

Around the Network

Lol, there won't be any space to move in Bournemouth's GAME, it's very small. I'll go there anyway but I'm not that interested in buying the game.

I traded my Wii for a PS3  :)

ahh lucky

moar funny pictures

I am quite excited about this game and its good to see Nintendo doing something to kick start Mario rather than release it and ignore it.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions