By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why did Nintendo chose not to implement a system wide achievement system? Stubborn or missed the boat?

I believe since they had little easter eggs in their games before anybody else their pride didn't allow them to copy the Xbox's version that is considered Par nowadays

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

Around the Network

Aren't they gonna do it now with the nx and make it more awesome, because it actually has some value for you?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I think Nintendo doesn't necessarily see it as a good feature because it doesn't really add much to the experience. It's there mainly to get people to spend more time on games, mainly for reasons unrelated to fun, and that's it. Doesn't sound like an idea Nintendo would like too much. Not saying NX isn't going to have achievements though, because I'm sure achievements improve the experience for a lot of people even if they are a cheap way to do that.

Stubbornness, for sure. It's a very Nintendo kind of idea in my opinion, especially now that Miiverse is a thing. Imagine little miis showing off their achievement badges to each other in the lobby.

I wouldn't say it's stubbornness, but rather they didn't realize the potential it had

..if the NX doesn't have an achievement system, then it would be stubbornness :p  

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
I'd say it's almost entirely down to stubbornness. Nintendo just seem to hate copying ideas from the others, even if those ideas are really popular.

Amiibos would like to say hi.

It wouldn't surprise me if NX had an achievement system. They probably didn't think they need one with wiiu and 3ds after the success they had with ds and wii. If they were to introduce one late in the consoles' generation, it would make less of an impact. With NX they can hype it and show how it's different from the ps/xb ones and thus unique.

Maybe they don't think it matters. As far as I can tell though, it matters. Seems a very popular thing that isn't going anywhere. I have mixed feelings on trophies/achievements.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I have never bothered with any of the achievement stuff in my games.

Because it's a bad feature.

Gourmet said:
Because it's a bad feature.

Was just going to say that lol. Apparently it's a very important feature that billions upon billions somehow want.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"