By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor - PS4 Neo to launch before October, says French distributor

Sony's upgraded PS4 console, reportedly codenamed Neo, will release before October, according to French video games distributor Innelec Multimedia.

The release window was reportedly mentioned in a press release announcing Innelec's FY16 earnings results, where it states that an "evolution" of Sony's PS4 console, which it refers to as "Neo 4K", will arrive during the first half of its current financial year.

Innelec's financial year runs from April 2016-March 2017, suggesting the console will arrive at some point between now and the end of September 2016. It was rumoured yesterday that the console could be revealed at TGS this September, alongside the Nintendo NX.

Innelec's press release doesn't seem to be available on its website, but parts of it have been reproduced on stocks website Boursier.com, suggesting it's legit. It's also been uploaded by French blog otaxou.fr.

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps4_neo_to_launch_before_october_says_french_distributor.html

Around the Network

can't wait for it, here's hoping they are right about the early release :D

put 'rumor' in the title

PS4 New is official or still rumors ?, i will be disappointed if they don't announce it at E3.

Swordmasterman said:
PS4 New is official or still rumors ?, i will be disappointed if they don't announce it at E3.

Announce at TGS

Around the Network

If that's the case then ill buy a shiny new ps4 for FFXV when it launches

when is the TGS?

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

cutzman25 said:
when is the TGS?

I Don't know when will be this year, but last year was on September.

I've had enough NX. Let's flood this forum with Neo.

The sooner so better, less confusion