By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon SunMoon Analysis! 153 Type Combinations, only 38 More to Go....

So today we will talk about type combinations that are currently unused in the current 6 generations and will appear in the next!

First off there are 38 left. Type combos mentioned are only those that are not completely used. So example you wont see elect/fire or elect/ice on here as those are formes of rotom. Mega evolutions are counted in the same reguard (ex mega altaria dragon/fairy)

Ok so lets start! First of the 18 types Water and Flying are the only 2 completely matched with every other typing. With only Grass and Ground needing just 1 mpre type combination to be complete. (Grass/Fire + Ground/Fairy).  The ones that need it the most with 8 of 17 types missing are Normal/Poison/Fairy.

Here is the list of all type combinations missing.....

Fire+grass. Fire+ice. Fire+Fairy. Fire+Poison.

Elect+Dark. Elect+fight. Elect+rock. Elect+psykic

Elect+pois. Nor+drag. Nor+ghost. Nor+bug 

Nor/ice. Nor+steel. Nor+dark. Nor+rock

Nor+pois. Drag+bug. Drag+fight. Ghost+fairy

Ghost+fight. Ghost+rock. Bug+ice. Bug+fairy

Bug+dark. Bug+psykic. Ice+fairy. Ice+steel

Ice+fight. Ice+pois. Fairy+dark. Fairy+fight 

Fairy+ground. Fairy+pois. Steel+pois. Fight+ground

Rock+pois. Psykic+pois

(Still editing above)

So lets answer some questiona before the hype kicks off in 2 days. Which of the 38 combinations would you like to see most. Amd what type combinations makes sense with previous gen pokemon for either Mega Evolution or regular Evolution? (Example Electivire Elect/Fight)

Discuss!

Around the Network

Dark-Electric

Black Cheetah, yellow lightnings instead of spots, make it happen GameFreak ;)

We need a pyromaniac tinkerbell-thing. Fire/Fairy starter is a must! Just imagine the pokedex descriptions it could have!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Luke888 said:
Dark-Electric

Seen alot of fanart of that in the past. Also mega luxray as that typw makes sense

tbone51 said:
Luke888 said:
Dark-Electric

Seen alot of fanart of that in the past. Also mega luxray as that typw makes sense

yeah, basically they have just to make a bulkier liepard black and make the spots lightnings and there you have it...

Another typing that I'm waiting to see is Fire/Grass since it's not weak to water and it's STAB is super effective against ground and rock...

Around the Network

cellphone taken over by a ghost :P ghost-electric

Luke888 said:
tbone51 said:

yeah, basically they have just to make a bulkier liepard black and make the spots lightnings and there you have it...

Another typing that I'm waiting to see is Fire/Grass since it's not weak to water and it's STAB is super effective against ground and rock...

They could do many concepts witb that. One mega evolution i likke to see with that and the ability drought would be sunflora.

Ka-pi96 said:
There's never been a fire/fairy? Ok, fairy is still really new so there hasn't been much chance to make one yet but still I'd think that would be a pretty easy combo to come up with a Pokemon for. Maybe gen 7 will bring that... especially a Fire/Fairy pokemon based on the Sun or something is a possibility.

Victini should of been fire and fairy imo. Also maybe mega rapidash as in a pegasus with wings?! (Levitate ability

Ka-pi96 said:
There's never been a fire/fairy? Ok, fairy is still really new so there hasn't been much chance to make one yet but still I'd think that would be a pretty easy combo to come up with a Pokemon for. Maybe gen 7 will bring that... especially a Fire/Fairy pokemon based on the Sun or something is a possibility.

This needs to happen.

"I didn't burn the Gym, it was the butterfly! THE BUTTERFLY!"

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ice+Fairy eh?

...anyone? Nevermind.

Most of these combinations could yield some of the most interesting Pokemon designs (except for Normal+anything at least).

I'd definitely love to see more Bug type combinations.