By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Trump Says U.S. Should Shoot Russian Planes If Diplomacy Fails

mornelithe said:
Goatseye said:

You gotta ask all the High Valued Targets in Middle east and mountains of Pakistan.

Hollow threats have been going since the Cold War era, why bother now? US wants war more than Russia does.

If that were the case, they would've started in Ukraine (where the US was actually obligated to do something, and given the treaty they signed, were w/in their rights to provide any and all assistance to Ukraine), or...by blowing this stupid fuck out of the sky:

Dumb shit puts a ton of lives in danger with idiotic stunts like that.  Nevermind how ill-advised it is to have war machines from opposing sides, operating so very close to each other.  It is very obvious that Russia is attempting to provoke some kind of military response from US and allied military units.  Though I will fully admit that the US and it's allies have purposefully impacted Russia's economy negatively, though, some of that was in response to Russian activity.

Still, if the US wanted War, they had the legal means to do so in Ukraine, at least, with regards to US Law.

It was legally a civil war. US can't meddle in that if Russia doesn't officially declare war on Ukraine.

A US intervention on Ukraine would've sent the world economies and political stability on a rollercoaster ride.

Both countries need to put their little d*cks back into their pants and act like adults.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
mornelithe said:

If that were the case, they would've started in Ukraine (where the US was actually obligated to do something, and given the treaty they signed, were w/in their rights to provide any and all assistance to Ukraine), or...by blowing this stupid fuck out of the sky:

Dumb shit puts a ton of lives in danger with idiotic stunts like that.  Nevermind how ill-advised it is to have war machines from opposing sides, operating so very close to each other.  It is very obvious that Russia is attempting to provoke some kind of military response from US and allied military units.  Though I will fully admit that the US and it's allies have purposefully impacted Russia's economy negatively, though, some of that was in response to Russian activity.

Still, if the US wanted War, they had the legal means to do so in Ukraine, at least, with regards to US Law.

It was legally a civil war. US can't meddle in that if Russia doesn't officially declare war on Ukraine.

A US intervention on Ukraine would've sent the world economies and political stability on a rollercoaster ride.

Both countries need to put their little d*cks back into their pants and act like adults.

Yeah, no, according to most involved, Russian military was actively involved in the annexing of Crimea.  And the US was legally obligated to do something about it, according to the Budapest Memorandum, which the US, China, Russia and France signed on to, if I'm not mistaken.  Which helped disarm the 3rd largest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world once the USSR fell (Ukraine).  The major powers of the world PROMISED that Ukraine would have their support, should their sovereignty be broken.  So yes, the US had every right and obligation to do so, frankly, I view it an act of betrayal that they didn't, and wouldn't be surprised if anyone who's ever signed a treaty w/ the US questioned the sincerity of said agreements from here on out.  I would.

But, I notice you gloss over the jet flying so very close to an American vessel.  Very impartial of you.

CaptainExplosion said:
Goatseye said:

That, or we need to build bomb shelters for when they cause World War III. Seriously, with idiots like Putin and possibly Trump in charge, we're screwed.

Russia will take care of Putin. There'll be time when people and oligarchs will grow tired of him and his posse.

D. Trump? He won't have a chance against Hillary, GOP couldn't defeat him cause they're moribund. 

mornelithe said:
Goatseye said:

Yeah, no, according to most involved, Russian military was actively involved in the annexing of Crimea.  And the US was legally obligated to do something about it, according to the Budapest Memorandum, which the US, China, Russia and France signed on to, if I'm not mistaken.  Which helped disarm the 3rd largest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world once the USSR fell (Ukraine).  The major powers of the world PROMISED that Ukraine would have their support, should their sovereignty be broken.  So yes, the US had every right and obligation to do so, frankly, I view it an act of betrayal that they didn't, and wouldn't be surprised if anyone who's ever signed a treaty w/ the US questioned the sincerity of said agreements from here on out.  I would.

But, I notice you gloss over the jet flying so very close to an American vessel.  Very impartial of you.

They could even land the jet on the carrier and if I was the president, I would've ordered  a Turtle Wax Gloss Guard for it.

So because of a petty defiance, you want US to put world stability at stake. As long as they don't fire, there's no cause to start an international crisis.

US had invaded Iranian border many of times during Iraq war but they never showed how rustled their jimmies were.

CaptainExplosion said:
Goatseye said:

Russia will take care of Putin. There'll be time when people and oligarchs will grow tired of him and his posse.

D. Trump? He won't have a chance against Hillary, GOP couldn't defeat him cause they're moribund. 

You clearly underestimate how powerful Putin and his fellow fascists are at suppressing the people. That's how he was able to get away with letting Ukraine rebels shoot down MH17 (they used Russian weapons he gave them, so it's still his fault), or have so many journalists killed, or put gays in prison just for being gay. At this rate the only way to stop it is to put a knife through that cueball's thick skull.

Don't get me started on Trump's ability to throw his greasy money around to get what he wants. That's the only logical reason he's even running.

Now you know why I hate the world.

C'mon man, Russians do that without government consent.

Anyway, I believe there's gonna a time where people are gonna have enough and revolt. That's gonna go all the way up to his circle.

The guy is worth $200 billion, outside of Moscow, St.Petersburg, etc... Russia looks like a 3rd world country. There's so much you can stress a subservant animal until it blindly attacks you.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
mornelithe said:

They could even land the jet on the carrier and if I was the president, I would've ordered  a Turtle Wax Gloss Guard for it.

So because of a petty defiance, you want US to put world stability at stake. As long as they don't fire, there's no cause to start an international crisis.

US had invaded Iranian border many of times during Iraq war but they never showed how rustled their jimmies were.

Petty defiance?  I'm really not sure what you're getting at here.  There's nothing safe about flying a jet that close to anything, nevermind a vessel in open water.  That puts peoples lives in danger, nevermind the international incident it has the potential to spark.  It's quite telling that you're more than willing to allow virtually any aggression/provocation by the Russians, and expect no better from them.  That's some low expectations you have of Russians.

By the way, this is all deflecting from the fact that you said the US wanted war, and I've given you two examples of where the US could've gotten into it, and with the Ukraine, would've had a treaty to back them up as to their reasoning (as well as Russia violating the very same treaty).  What my rules of engagement are for Russia, the US etc... is irrelevant.  I was specifically speaking to your claims of the US wanting war more than Russia does.

mornelithe said:
Goatseye said:

Petty defiance?  I'm really not sure what you're getting at here.  There's nothing safe about flying a jet that close to anything, nevermind a vessel in open water.  That puts peoples lives in danger, nevermind the international incident it has the potential to spark.  It's quite telling that you're more than willing to allow virtually any aggression/provocation by the Russians, and expect no better from them.  That's some low expectations you have of Russians.

It's called head on shoulders and taking high road.

Economic sanctions on Russia have clearly made them uneasy; especially cause US was going after Putin's buddies' money offshore.

Navy vessels can spot a Mig miles and miles away. It's not like they crept up on us and obstructed one of US jets from taking off.

They're trying to get attention, US should just let them be until they f*ck up.

Goatseye said:
mornelithe said:

Economic sanctions on Russia have clearly made them uneasy; especially cause US was going after Putin's buddies' money offshore.

Navy vessels can spot a Mig miles and miles away. It's not like they crept up on us and obstructed one of US jets from taking off.

Which is what the US has been doing, which is why your claim that the US wants war more than Russia is absurd, which is what I was responding to in the first place.  Thanks for proving my point :)

mornelithe said:
Goatseye said:

Which is what the US has been doing, which is why your claim that the US wants war more than Russia is absurd, which is what I was responding to in the first place.  Thanks for proving my point :)

US wants war but not with Russia. I didn't prove your point yet buddy, you already undressed and on the bed. Put your breaks on.

No one wages more wars and proxy wars than the US.

Goatseye said:
mornelithe said:

US wants war but not with Russia. I didn't prove your point yet buddy, you already undressed and on the bed. Put your breaks on.

No one wages more wars and proxy wars than the US.

This thread is about the US, Russia and Trump.  Please stop derailing, it's against forum rules, ya know :)

But, just to address that historically speaking the last time the US declared war was during WW2.  For people who so want 'war', we sure don't declare it often.