By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4’s post-launch maps and modes will be free

BraLoD said:

So I'll leave it at:
- we disagree with Uncharted having free dlc meaning God of War having several microtransations;
- we disagree on God of War being a shell of itself;
- up until now, from what we know, no, PSVR is not being introduced with very little first party support, by any means.

1. Pseudo-removal of microtransactions from one studio has no indication of changing microtransaction tendencies company-wide.  Assuming status quo is the most logical path forward.

2. When your most recent game is outsold on a monthly basis by a game mocked for being a failure, that's a bad sign.  When your PS4 remake of your only important PS3 game (the only one that many PS2->360->PS4 players missed) sells insanely poorly, that's an even worse sign of series apathy.  (Look at Uncharted NDC's or TLoU's sales, by comparison, and all three games were bundled at one point!)

3. Of the 10 Sony-published PSVR games we know of, three have a release date, two of which are PlayRoom style games; one isn't even announced yet; and four of them are made by independent studios and published/funded by Sony.  Of the big hitters you mentioned, RIGS is the only one with a release date.  PSMove had more Sony-published games than 10 within its first few months.  So no, for what we know, there's definitively little first party support!  Once E3 comes, I hope you'll have a better leg to stand on with that, but knowing Sony you genuinely never know.  But you're right, RIGS does look really fun.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

This is what most competitive online games (except Activision's and EA's) are doing now. Halo 5 already did this and they already announced they're doing the same for Gears of War 4.

Considering the games we now get via PS+, the money Sony gets from our subscription has to be used for something.