By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Review Thread - MC: 93 / GR: 92.70%

Tagged games:

Nemesis1993 said:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/23/uncharted-4-first-week-sales-surpass-2-7-million/

Beast!  And unmitigated beast.  The franchise still on the up! 

Around the Network

playstation official magazine uk give it 10/10
now if edge give it a 10 the MC will go up to 94 imo i could be wrong who knows

Bryank75 said:
Azzanation said:

I agree but its still a prediction which many on here refused to take my comment seriously until it actually happened. And boy what a mess occured shortly after. Iv never seen so many upset gamers flock to a partition over a review. I tryed to warn them.

In fairness the review is very unprofessional, it goes out of its way to avoid discussing the game. The guy used to run a monthly piece called "Contrarian corner" and his review came 2 days after most of the reviews were out. He also directly contradicts an UC2 review he did for contrarian corner when he says he finds the games more "garish than gorgeous", he said this in his UC2 review.....

Environments are laden with detail and characters animate in wonderfully realistic ways. Extra attention has been given to blocking and motion capture for the game's bountiful cutscenes. It's in these moments that the real romance resides.

Just read his last of us review and everything will make sense, has some kind of agenda againist Naughty Dog.

princevenom said:
playstation official magazine uk give it 10/10
now if edge give it a 10 the MC will go up to 94 imo i could be wrong who knows

We should know EDGE's score sometime in the next couple of days but I'd be really surprised to see a perfect score from them.

BraLoD said:
Boutros said:

We should know EDGE's score sometime in the next couple of days but I'd be really surprised to see a perfect score from them.

Why?

Because it's EDGE lol
For 2,713 reviews, this publication has graded:
  • 15% higher than the average critic
  • 3% same as the average critic
  • 82% lower than the average critic
On average, this publication grades 9 points lower than other critics. (0-100 point scale)

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Boutros said:
Because it's EDGE lol
For 2,713 reviews, this publication has graded:
  • 15% higher than the average critic
  • 3% same as the average critic
  • 82% lower than the average critic
On average, this publication grades 9 points lower than other critics. (0-100 point scale)

Yet The Last of Us and Bloodborne, the two last hits from Sony before Uncharted 4, now the new hit, scored a 100 from EDGE.
As I said way back then in the thread to CGI, I'm actually expecting it to be a 100 from them.

But they gave Uncharted 2 9/10 which is a better comparison. Also they just gave Ratchet 6/10 so they're just super inconsistent. I really can't expect anything from them. I guess it depends on who's reviewing it.

If I ever get a Playstation console again, Uncharted will probably be on my list.

I wonder if I'll need to play the previous games to enjoy the fourth

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
If I ever get a Playstation console again, Uncharted will probably be on my list.

I wonder if I'll need to play the previous games to enjoy the fourth

You can play the fourth game without playing the first three, but I'd definitely wouldn't recommend it. There are a lot of easter eggs from the previous games in Uncharted 4 and the relationships and characters definitely won't mean as much if you haven't played the first three.

a new score added to MC
PLAY ZINE 95/100

princevenom said:
a new score added to MC
PLAY ZINE 95/100

It's not there though?