By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Well, most people wanted ice cream. What kind?

Mint-endo Chocolate Chip 18 7.35%

Sonyberry 157 64.08%

Microsoft serve 17 6.94%

Cookies and Dreamcast 19 7.76%

Vanilla 16 6.53%

Organic and pun-free, thank you 18 7.35%

Total:245

Cant wait for NPD, and see how Uncharted did in the US.

In england it did 192k firstweek (up 66% to UC3)
In Spain it did 78k firstweek (up 95%)
In Japan it did 129k firstweek (up 4%)

Ariakon said:
jason1637 said:
retag.
I'm expecting overwatch to be huge.

I am too, though I think a lot of its sales are going to be on PC, so it will lean more heavily digital than most titles. I still expect a really good retail showing though. 

Overwatch will be massive.

Around the Network

11 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#25 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle 
(up 4)
#65 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 4)
#66 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 5)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#38 PS4 No Man's Sky (down 1)

UC4: 3/78
UCC: 35

The PS5 Exists. 

Ariakon said:
jason1637 said:
retag.
I'm expecting overwatch to be huge.

I am too, though I think a lot of its sales are going to be on PC, so it will lean more heavily digital than most titles. I still expect a really good retail showing though. 

Damn, because this isn't on Steam we will not have SteamSPY's data.

5 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#24 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle 
(up 1)
#66 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 1) 
#69 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 3)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#41 PS4 No Man's Sky (down 3)

The PS5 Exists. 

Wonder how Uncharted 4's legs will be. Due to heavy marketing + being the fourth game in an already well-known, critically acclaimed series, I doubt we'll see legs as good as The Last of Us.

Around the Network
Mazzy said:

Wonder how Uncharted 4's legs will be. Due to heavy marketing + being the fourth game in an already well-known, critically acclaimed series, I doubt we'll see legs as good as The Last of Us.

Plus TLOU was heavily bundled.  An Uncharted bundle will do wonders for legs but it will really depend on Sony's plan for Playstation and their other titles.  And how much they think Uncharted will sell.  I think they will opt for a price drop on Uncharted in a few months and pivot to No Mans Sky for the bundle until fall in the US.

CosmicSex said:
Mazzy said:

Plus TLOU was heavily bundled.  An Uncharted bundle will do wonders for legs but it will really depend on Sony's plan for Playstation and their other titles.  And how much they think Uncharted will sell.  I think they will opt for a price drop on Uncharted in a few months and pivot to No Mans Sky for the bundle until fall in the US.

I would almost bet money that Uncharted 4 will be the default bundle in 6-12 months time.

BraLoD said:

Where's ma Vita D:

Around #120.

So its just short of the top100 atm.

JRPGfan said:

Cant wait for NPD, and see how Uncharted did in the US.

In england it did 192k firstweek (up 66% to UC3)
In Spain it did 78k firstweek (up 95%)
In Japan it did 129k firstweek (up 4%)

Ariakon said:

Overwatch will be massive.

They only count England in the UK's charts ?, or they count all the other countries of the UK ?.

Mazzy said:
CosmicSex said:

I would almost bet money that Uncharted 4 will be the default bundle in 6-12 months time.

While this does make a lot of sense, I am not as confident as you.  With the holiday season coming up and with GTSport (flashback to PS2 days and that bundle) and the inevitable 3rd Party deals, I would not make that bet until after E3. Too many moving parts at this point.  And unless Microsoft snags Titanfall 2, I feel Uncharted will have to contend with COD, GTSport, Titnafall, and possibliy Horizon ZD for the bundle spot.