By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many unannounced Wii U First Party Games are left?

How many unannounced Wii U First Party Games do you expect?

3 117 63.59%

4 13 7.07%

5 8 4.35%

6 5 2.72%

7 5 2.72%

8 3 1.63%

9 1 0.54%

10 1 0.54%

10+ 31 16.85%

Total:184

or maybe 1 more for the holidays.

Around the Network

It can't be many because NX is around the corner. They have to have at most 3. And they have to be stellar. However, I think they'll be HD remakes more than likely,.

Einsam_Delphin said:
bigtakilla said:

A plural tense usually means more than one.

Usually, unless they're stretching the truth which is to be expected of Nintendo at this point. They're only expecting 800k Wii U sales from now til March 2017, there's gonna be no Wii U exclusive games on the E3 floor, and the NX is just 10 months out. That definitely doesn't sound like they have more games.

Well it wouldn't surprise me if there were none. I'm gonna guess 1 or 2 though.

Well if they actually bother wasting further resources definately expect amiibo Festival/Color Splash tier efforts at best.

1. Probably 0

Around the Network

I'll take a bet. I say 1 Wii U retail game by Nintendo will be announced.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

zero, just zero.

What kind of delusional poll is that-  there are no, none, zero, 0 etc  1st party games unnanounced for the wii u-  unless you are counting the games they WERE going to release on the wii u that are now being transfered to the NX that will never see a wii u release ever

right now i m not so sure they will even release Zelda on the Wii uor if they do it will be LONG after it is released on the NX

It is Nintendos last chance to make "easy" HD-ports or VC-versions of Gamecube games as NX most probably will not be backwards compatible. This will make the 12 million hardcore Nintendo fans busy until march 2017.

Super Mario Sunshine
Luigi's Mansion
Animal Crossing (The one with the collectible NES games)
Pokémon Colosseum
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Mario Party Collection (MP 4- 7)
Kirby Air Ride
Super Mario Strikers
F-Zero GX
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Battalion Wars
Chibi-Robo! Plug into Adventure!

...and if they can get the legal work done maybe also add:
Eternal Darkness
Baten Kaitos
Star Wars Rogue Leader
Star Fox Adventures & Assault

That makes it 13 (possible 18) games!

Pikmin 4 is possible. Nintendo confirmed last year that development on it was "almost done" so it's either coming to a Wii U soon or Nx near launch. but I personally think it would be a stupid move on Nintendo's part if they put it on Wii U at this point. Pikmin 3 didn't reach their sales expectation and Pikmin 4 would probably sell even worse. Launch titles usually sell more just because they're some of the only titles you can get for the system at the time so Pikmin 4 would probably sell even more than Pikmin 3 if it were released as an Nx launch title. A lot of early adopters would probably pick the game up but there may not be as much thirst for new games, especially from mid-tier series like Pikmin, on the Wii U since it's near the end of it's cycle.

Aside from that I really don't know what Nintendo could possibly announce for Wii U at this point. It's time for a new 3D Mario, Mario Kart 9, and Retro Studio's next game to be announced, but I would be very surprised if all of these weren't being saved for Nx. A new (proper) Animal Crossing is probably coming soon since this year is it's anniversary. Maybe that can be a holiday title for Wii U. Kind of doubt it since that horrible Amibo-based on came out holiday 2015 though.

E3's probably going to suck for Nintendo. Pretty hard. They'll show off Zelda, and that will be impressive. Paper Mario: Color Splash will probably be the marque title for Wii U this holiday season. Aside from that, they'll focus on Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, Monster Hunter: Generation, and Pokemon Sun and Moon. Maybe they'll announce some new 3DS games and a few smaller-scale Wii U games, but that's about it. Whatever kind of presentation they do for the Nx's reveal later in the year will probably be more hype than E3. Hopefully that's when we'll see stuff like the next 3D Mario and Retro's next game.