By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo selling their majority stake in the Seattle Mariners for an undisclosed sum

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160428e.pdf

Nintendo doing a capital raise?  Raising my eyebrows for sure.

Around the Network

Undisclosed? I saw this on gaf!
Originally Posted by thefro

Nintendo currently owns 55% of the team.

45% of the team (valued at 1.4 billion per terms of the deal) is $630 million

Pretty nice-sized warchest for NOA

tak13 said:

Its undisclosed until Nintendo gives the amount.  An estimate from Forbes (the data that neogaf is using) is a guess.

Didn't know about that , did Yamauchi transferring ownership to Nintendo America happen because he arranged for them or Nintendo Japan to buy out his investment ?.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I believe we have a thread with a similar topic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=216096&page=1#

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
tak13 said:

Its undisclosed until Nintendo gives the amount.  An estimate from Forbes (the data that neogaf is using) is a guess.

Yamauchi owned a 55% share of the team.  In 2004, Yamauchi transferred ownership of the Seattle Mariners to Nintendo of America.  From the official Mariners press release they said that the Team is using a valuation of $1.4 billion and that Nintendo is keeping a 10% share. - source

The "45% of the team (valued at 1.4 billion per terms of the deal) is $630 million" is a guess, but is based on those known numbers.

foxtail said:
Train wreck said:

Yamauchi owned a 55% share of the team.  In 2004, Yamauchi transferred ownership of the Seattle Mariners to Nintendo of America.  From the official Mariners press release they said that the Team is using a valuation of $1.4 billion and that Nintendo is keeping a 10% share. - source

The "45% of the team (valued at 1.4 billion per terms of the deal) is $630 million" is a guess, but is based on those known numbers.

Cool thanks for the information ill add it later.

t3mporary_126 said:

I believe we have a thread with a similar topic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=216096&page=1#

Thanks, I thought I read this earlier.

I'm going to lock this thread, so feel free to bring your thoughts over to the previous discussion. I know there are a billion NIntendo related threads today, but still, try to make sure we don't have a thread for the topic before posting.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334