By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda NX extraordinary impact in the gaming industry- Poll

?

Yes, it will. 46 30.87%

No... the game will be overrated. 28 18.79%

will be good, not that good. 63 42.28%

citizen kane of videogames 12 8.05%

Total:149

Well I guess it will have 0 impact because Ocarina of Time didn't change anything. No one can name one thing that OoT changed?

Around the Network

Lol, rip Wii U version ;(

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I just want a good Zelda title with decent length, interesting dungeons, and preferably minimal tutorializing.

Ka-pi96 said:
onionberry said:

what's a wii u?

Ouch, that's cruel! :o

(atleast a dozen million or so)

Of course it will change the game industry. Soon after its release it will be the first time in a long time that there is no Nintendo in the console race.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I expecting phenomenal game and great Zelda game, also expecting to be one of best games this gen, but I am not sure about extraordinary impact on industry.

RexSad said:
Well I guess it will have 0 impact because Ocarina of Time didn't change anything. No one can name one thing that OoT changed?

I read from several different developers saying that Mario 64 or Ocarina Of Time has biggest impact on them like developer's, funny thing is those developers don't make games similar to Mario 64 and Ocarina Of Time.

Also:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/what-to-play/the-legend-of-zelda-at-30-how-ocarina-of-time-changed-the-gaming/

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/pixels-and-bits/14502-Why-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time-Is-Important

I'm not sure this Zelda will be revolutionary or anything. It will be a good designed tale that takes inspiration in other great games and infuse them with the Zelda trademark. An industry-shaking masterpiece? I doubt it very much, really. Can't see this being better than Wind Waker, Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess.

RexSad said:

Link, The main character the user plays isn't really voiced. Yet is a character that is full of life and well fleshed out.
Another game took notice of this. Called Halo with the Master Chief.

Z-targeting changed things for the better.

Ocarina of Time also showed how much of a sheer impact music can play on a title, some other franchises took note of that, like Elder Scrolls and Halo and others with memorable scores.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Change the industry? lol... no it wont. it will barely have an effect on the industry.