By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I only have one request for the new God of War: make boss fights epic and impressive again. GoW 3 bosses were incredibly lame and underwhelming.

Around the Network

I would rather they had a new character.

Well I've always loved kratos (seems like I'm in the minority here xD), but whether or not he is in GoW 4, I know Santa Monica will make the best decision for us. I'll buy the game regardless.

I would very much enjoy a new lead characther to be honest.Would give a fresh new take on God Of War.Or at the very least Kratos with a very different personality.And even if Kratos isnt the main, he could appear in the game, to give the franchise a sense of continuity

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

If Kratos is in, I won't buy it.

His role as a tragic Greek hero was fulfilled in the first game, but by now it's gotten ridiculous. He's not interesting and bringing him in with his paper thin but stagnant characterization will only limit the writing in a new setting. I don't need a likable protagonist; just an interesting one whose story I want to see through. Kratos hasn't been that since the first game.

Around the Network

Because his story is done. He was mad at the Greek God and no other Gods existed in that world. His family was killed by them and he was the son of one of them. If they try to force him into another one it'll feel forced. I'm hoping it's like James Bond and they just have someone with the same name get betrayed by the Norse Gods. I would like for you to be fighting alongside Odin or something and then he betrays you in favor of one of his sons. Cue the fall from Godhood and then you go on a Norse killing spree. The boss fights for the norse gods are going to be all kinds of epic.

I am Iron Man

Vodacixi said:
I only have one request for the new God of War: make boss fights epic and impressive again. GoW 3 bosses were incredibly lame and underwhelming.

whawhaWHAT?  Hercules was the best in the series, Hades was amazing, Cronos was as epic as it gets, and Zeus was one of my favorite final bosses ever!

I am Iron Man

Kratos fits the IP. What do people want? Darksiders 2 is the only recent h&s to have a better protag. The days of LoK and Darksiders are gone, not enough people bought them. The current status of the genre isn't very suitable for what is often asked for, storytelling, atmosphere and pacing is gone. Things have their own place. Some places don't exist anymore.
At least he's not a soccer nut

Kratos is one of my favorites characters,of course here (half the users are Nintendo fanboys) hates he.

I'm the opposite, I'm much less interested because shitty Kratos is in it.