By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will have a better first week in sales, Quantum Break or Ratchet and Clank

Which game will have better first week numbers

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) 440 77.88%

Quantum Break 125 22.12%

Total:565
arcaneguyver said:
I want to say R&C, but NA only in the first week will make that tough. I wonder if stock will be a problem? I just bought the last copy ar my local Best Buy, like less than an hour after it opened.

I wouldn't doubt at all that it's overperforming after what we've seen on Amazon. That may be the deciding factor as to whether QB wins first week or not. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

First week, Quantum Break. Lifetime, ratchet and clank. 

R&C.

* It is $40 (31.99) vs $60 (47.99)
* It has an 86 meta critic vs 77
* It is rated 'E-10' vs 'M'. Meaning, more parents will buy this game for their children; but, adults will also buy it.
* Drastically higher WW install base, and slightly better US install base.
* Upcoming Movie

Will even get first week sales in the US? Or are we basing this of VGChartz estimates?

Well, going solely off preorder numbers, not including digital obviously, Ratchet and Clank had about 60K more than Quantum Break, by the time they released.

Around the Network
Skratchy said:
Well, going solely off preorder numbers, not including digital obviously, Ratchet and Clank had about 60K more than Quantum Break, by the time they released.

What chart are you looking at? I only seen a difference of 15k in the most recent pre-order chart.

Really hoping QB beats it, though we'll have to see.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

shikamaru317 said:

Ratchet & Clank. It costs less, it's an established IP with a pretty big fanbase, and it's on a platform with nearly double the install base. Lifetime will go to R&C as well, the movie tie-in is sure to introduce the series to a whole new generation of potential buyers. 

R&C first week is only in US though. So not double the install base. Unless OP is talking about WW first week totals. 

FIT_Gamer said:
shikamaru317 said:

Ratchet & Clank. It costs less, it's an established IP with a pretty big fanbase, and it's on a platform with nearly double the install base. Lifetime will go to R&C as well, the movie tie-in is sure to introduce the series to a whole new generation of potential buyers. 

R&C first week is only in US though. So not double the install base. Unless OP is talking about WW first week totals. 

don't forget that quantum break is xbox one + pc

FIT_Gamer said:
shikamaru317 said:

WW FW numbers will be aligned then, so I wouldn't worry much about that.   We'll just have to wait an extra week or two for it's true FW numbers.