By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will have a better first week in sales, Quantum Break or Ratchet and Clank

Which game will have better first week numbers

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) 440 77.88%

Quantum Break 125 22.12%

Total:565

According to VGChartz, Quantum Break had better first week, no?

Quantum Break

09th April 2016 1 267,147 N/A 267,147

Ratchet and Clank (2016)

Week EndingWeekWeeklyChangeTotal
16th April 2016 1 255,319 N/A 255,319

Around the Network
Wright said:

Quantum Break

Ratchet and Clank (2016)

First week WW for Quantum Break vs first week US only for Ratchet and Clank. By looking at the small difference I'd say the latter sold much much better.

If Amazon's an indicator, I'm gonna go with Ratchet. R&C hit no. 1 and has stayed in the top 10 since then, while QB peaked at #5 then came and went. Great reviews and price are going to tilt it in Ratchet's favor. Maybe they should have made QB $40, haha.

Risthel said:
Wright said:

Quantum Break

Ratchet and Clank (2016)

First week WW for Quantum Break vs first week US only for Ratchet and Clank. By looking at the small difference I'd say the latter sold much much better.

But still, first week is first week, right? There was no disclaimer in the OP regarding whether US, JP or WW. So according to VGC, QB sold better first week!

Roronaa_chan said:
QB
R&C only has USA in its FW

Do i get a cookie?

Though we do still have to wait and see what NPD tells us but this was always likely, vgc or no vgc

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
Roronaa_chan said:
QB
R&C only has USA in its FW

Do i get a cookie?

Though we do still have to wait and see what NPD tells us but this was always likely, vgc or no vgc

I was going to quote you considering your post was very accurate, but it's funnier to see you quote yourself.

You megalomaniac!

Wright said:
Risthel said:

But still, first week is first week, right? There was no disclaimer in the OP regarding whether US, JP or WW. So according to VGC, QB sold better first week!

I don't know... I don't think it's a fair comparison then. Alligned weeks should be counted in my opinion.

Risthel said:

I don't know... I don't think it's a fair comparison then. Alligned weeks should be counted in my opinion.

Some people acknowledged that R&C was only US first week in this thread and still went with it. So it's not unfair, it simply didn't happen and QB sold more. According to VGC, at least. There is always the possibility of some adjustments.

Wright said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Do i get a cookie?

I was going to quote you considering your post was very accurate, but it's funnier to see you quote yourself.

You megalomaniac!

Quoting myself is a guilty pleasure

If we're gonna align FW for what we have now, RC16 is around 500k FW, Japan notwithstanding, so it wasn't even close.

I'm more impressed with how insanely well RC16 is doing than anything, though, comparison to QB aside.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!