By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 4 Beta Discussion Thread - Beta is now Open

Gears 3 without SoS and retro sounds excellent 😊 can't wait to play it! Of course I'm a bit pissed off now because I still don't have the code even though I played UE at launch and played 120 hours since. My brother played much later and got the code already 😋 but enough bitching, nothing to do but wait..

Around the Network

Didn't get to much time to play after finally waiting all the time for the code but will get some hours in today.

First positive I saw was how smooth the moment is bouncing cover to cover and rolling about along with no noticeable lag so far with the Gnasher.

First negative I saw was my current skill level at gears :(

WoodenPints said:
Didn't get to much time to play after finally waiting all the time for the code but will get some hours in today.

First positive I saw was how smooth the moment is bouncing cover to cover and rolling about along with no noticeable lag so far with the Gnasher.

First negative I saw was my current skill level at gears :(

LOL, same here, man. That's why I love me some co-op TDM :)

In other news: I've been so busy with Star Fox these last two days, I haven't had any time to play Gears. Hopefully I can get back in tonight.

Yeaaap finally got my Gears code! Downloading and I'll be playing tonight. I've been doing quite well in UE lately, let's see how this'll go.

KiigelHeart said:
Yeaaap finally got my Gears code! Downloading and I'll be playing tonight. I've been doing quite well in UE lately, let's see how this'll go.

Well UE is CCS and Gears 4 is back to how Gears 3 was with BS so having got good at UE probably won't help you lol :D Also after the beta ends Gears 3 will probably be the best game  to stick with until 4 due to the Gnasher aiming differences if you want to improve ready for 11th October :P

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
KiigelHeart said:

Well UE is CCS and Gears 4 is back to how Gears 3 was with BS so having got good at UE probably won't help you lol :D Also after the beta ends Gears 3 will probably be the best game  to stick with until 4 due to the Gnasher aiming differences if you want to improve ready for 11th October :P

Yep but I prefer shots coming from the tip of the gnasher and I still try to aim that way when playing UE so I think I'll adapt quickly 😊 Gears3 was a great game but I'm not going back, UE I find the best Gears yet. I hope 4 will be even better.

KiigelHeart said:
WoodenPints said:

Yep but I prefer shots coming from the tip of the gnasher and I still try to aim that way when playing UE so I think I'll adapt quickly 😊 Gears3 was a great game but I'm not going back, UE I find the best Gears yet. I hope 4 will be even better.

I agree BS is the better way but swapping between the two different styles makes me useless at hip firing the Gnasher :( takes me a fair bit of time to adjust but saying that I'm having some relativly decent sucess with popshotting in the beta so far.

I'm certain Dropshot will get nerfed it seems so much easier to aim and also a lot harder to dodge than the Boomshot as well as having 3 ammo compared to the 2 of the Boomshot. I'd expect them to lower the ammo to 2 as well as reduce the explosion range a little.

I'm certain Dropshot will get nerfed it seems so much easier to aim and also a lot harder to dodge than the Boomshot as well as having 3 ammo compared to the 2 of the Boomshot. I'd expect them to lower the ammo to 2 as well as reduce the explosion range a little.

Gnasher needs to be nerfed, it's way too powerful midrange. Kills them gnasher duels. Power weapons are too strong and there's too much of them. I'm not sure about lancer yet. Also does gnasher shoot slightly too low when hipfiring? To me it feels a bit off.

They have alot of work to do, I'm worried now. I know it's true beta but graphics and visuals are bad as well as audio. Maps are garbage, like wtf is this? Uninspired arenas, too large and flat and lack any characteristics 😐

Also, my brother says the beta runs smooth for him but for me it's framedips all over the place.

I'll play more when I have time but right now I'm not feeling the thrill of Gears. And I really, really want to.