By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In retrospect, who won E3 2015?

In retrospect, who won E3 2015

Microsoft 110 15.01%

Sony 553 75.44%

Nintendo 70 9.55%

Total:733
Ryng_Tolu said:

Nintendo, no contest.

Sony.

Funny man Ryng! :P

Around the Network
Chazore said:

I don't think people will vote for Sony no matter what (they really were the best overall in 2015 imo tho). For example, at E3 2014 I think most people voted for Nintendo. Speaking of which, I have strong feelings that they will win this year, cause they will reveal their next gen with brand new games and all... unless they seriously screw up.

2014 was around 2 years ago now though and even then I don't really see the other two getting votes this year, what with all the NX talk, MS apparently focussing more and more on PC, it's all set up in a way that they aren't likely to win this year or the enxt, not unless they pull some godsplitter of a move this year and I honestly don't see that happening.

Dunno about NX though, we've had a good number of years of a comfortable Nintendo that's fine with Wii like hardware, the last time they tried to go with power was the Gamecube and that was a long time ago which to their end, didn't produce amazing results for them since PS2 got the lead and was liked more. If they don't screw up with NX then that would be considered a normal thing for them to do (business and consumer wise not sucking should never be looked at like some bonus treat).

They really don't need to make the NX extremely powerful to win E3... they could make a console as strong as the PS4 and still win it. They just have to show big games (that look good and are promising) like Zelda, 3D Mario, Metroid, whatever.  If they time things right and have a good amount of exclusives to show, they have a big change of winning. Just like people voted for them in both 2013 and 2014.

Will be a tough competition for sure tho... Sony will supposedly reveal God of War IV, PS4K and certainly more unknown stuff. As for MS, I don't really know what to expect... but they could show a gameplay premiere of ReCore, and also Gears 4, Scalebound, Crackdown, etc. And big surprises can always happen... you never know.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:

They really don't need to make the NX extremely powerful to win E3... they could make a console as strong as the PS4 and still win it. They just have to show big games (that look good and are promising) like Zelda, 3D Mario, Metroid, whatever.  If they time things right and have a good amount of exclusives to show, they have a big change of winning. Just like people voted for them in both 2013 and 2014.

Will be a tough competition for sure tho... Sony will supposedly reveal God of War IV, PS4K and certainly more unknown stuff. As for MS, I don't really know what to expect... but they could show a gameplay premiere of ReCore, and also Gears 4, Scalebound, Crackdown, etc. And big surprises can always happen... you never know.

The usual same titles, I honestly don't see that becoming some ultimate show stopper that topples everyone in sight, again not screwing up isn't really going to win the whole show. Yes MS could show more info on titles we've seen the past two years, I still don't see that blowing us away or winning all the vote, I can tell you're being open and all optimistic but I''m just not a happy go lucky look at everything in a super positive way, I'm a realisit and look at the picture and the past results, the userbases, it's all there written out for all to see, you can totally choose to ignore it and go "see I told ya, they pulled it off" but I'm just sticking with what's happened so far and what's been done in the past. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

1) Sony
2) Microsoft
3) Nintendo

[] [] [] {} [] 

I guess it would come down to MS or Sony and depend on what you want out of E3. I mean, has any of the big games Sony showed last year even released yet? Uncharted is about to come out, and I am sure they probably showed Until Dawn, but is that it? Horizon, TLG, Shenmue, these were the big ones and they are still entirely unknown on release date. Hell, they'll be at E3 2016.

So I'd go with MS, by virtue of the mere fact that a lot of what they shown last year is actually in our hands and playable now.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
I guess it would come down to MS or Sony and depend on what you want out of E3. I mean, has any of the big games Sony showed last year even released yet? Uncharted is about to come out, and I am sure they probably showed Until Dawn, but is that it? Horizon, TLG, Shenmue, these were the big ones and they are still entirely unknown on release date. Hell, they'll be at E3 2016.

So I'd go with MS, by virtue of the mere fact that a lot of what they shown last year is actually in our hands and playable now.

Oh you. You don't need to try to obscure your real reason for your pick. We all know you. 

The user was moderated for this post - VXIII.

sabvre42 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Oh you. You don't need to try to obscure your real reason for your pick. We all know you. 

The BC wear off very quickley these days, i think the games sony showed had more of an impact now

Sony ofc. It was the press coference of dreams... even though later we got treated to the delays and bad news. None of those 3 big games is even close to release yet.

Sony imo.