By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cemu 1.4.1 (WiiU emu).New Super Mario Bros U and more now play great! some at 60FPS!.

sc94597 said:
torok said:

I'll give it a try. Wii U's CPU is very similar to the one used on Wii and GC, just beefed up. I believe that this sped up the development of an emulator. With Dolphin, even Wii emulations was usually easier and more reliable than even PS2 emulation.

While this was possibly true on one-hand, the GPU for 7th generation (level) consoles were apparently a bitch to emulate until DX12 released. That is probably what lead to the breakthrough. 

Speaking of, how's PS3 emulation going along? Are there any legit ones that can run games properly?

Around the Network
Naum said:
Just buy the f***ing console you cheap bastards... there I said it.

It's kinda funny most people complaining about Nintendo are from people who would never even buy a Nintendo console but yet complain about not playing them.

You were saying? 

To be 100% I hate emulation when it's like this. When it's late after a console died, sure I could dig it, but this sucks.

At least the people who whine about having to buy Nintendo hardware to play their games can be happy though.

Teeqoz said:
sc94597 said:

While this was possibly true on one-hand, the GPU for 7th generation (level) consoles were apparently a bitch to emulate until DX12 released. That is probably what lead to the breakthrough. 

Speaking of, how's PS3 emulation going along? Are there any legit ones that can run games properly?

sc94597 said:
Teeqoz said:

It's something at least. Kind of amusing how the Wii U emulator seems to be better than the PS3 one, but then again we all knew the PS3 would be a bitch to emulate.

Around the Network

I don't see why people hate emulators so much, it's a way to keep games alive ...

What happens if every console and copies of the game for a specific platform became redundant, at least with emulation you'll be able to play the game so long as you have digital copies!

MegaDrive08 said:
vivster said:

What about people who actually bought it, deemed it subpar and are now waiting for someone on the internet to improve their experience for free because the platform holders are not willing and or able to do so.

Nintendo already has my money... not that they deserved it.

Thats your opinion its subpar, i dont know, maybe your spoilt and cant appreciate something for what it is and are one of these people that always wants and demands more from developers and whine when you dont get what you expected, dont ever expect anything just be happy with what you get.

Well that's the problem. I did not expect anything and Nintendo still underdelivered. Yes I also have no idea how that is possible

I do not blame the developers. They were in a bad position and they needed the money. Was just bad luck for the consumers that the wrong guy with money walked past them first.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Very interesting

vivster said:
MegaDrive08 said:

Thats your opinion its subpar, i dont know, maybe your spoilt and cant appreciate something for what it is and are one of these people that always wants and demands more from developers and whine when you dont get what you expected, dont ever expect anything just be happy with what you get.

Well that's the problem. I did not expect anything and Nintendo still underdelivered. Yes I also have no idea how that is possible

I do not blame the developers. They were in a bad position and they needed the money. Was just bad luck for the consumers that the wrong guy with money walked past them first.

Fair enough you wasn't happy with it, but thats your opinion its subpar, there's people who love the console and is there favourite Nintendo console to date, im more old school and don't care for all the latest features that a lot of people like nowadays, im happy with the system.

sc94597 said:
torok said:

I'll give it a try. Wii U's CPU is very similar to the one used on Wii and GC, just beefed up. I believe that this sped up the development of an emulator. With Dolphin, even Wii emulations was usually easier and more reliable than even PS2 emulation.

Makes sense. However, I'm still impressed about how the Wii U emulator is way more mature than the PS3 and 360 ones. Anyway, I'm happy to see all of them progressing, I was afraid that it would take way longer.