By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cemu 1.4.1 (WiiU emu).New Super Mario Bros U and more now play great! some at 60FPS!.

MegaDrive08 said:
If you dont support the platform you dont support gaming and in my eyes are not a real gamer, you want this industry to thrive then support the real thing.

THIS.

Around the Network
fedfed said:
zero129 said:

Exactly whats illegal about it?. Cemu is perfectly legal so is emulation. What you do with the games is up to you.

Why emulation is good for me and im sure many others, it saves me looking for my games then hooking up my system whenever i want to play them, it also means i can play them in higher res and with better effects then they originally had.

I have my whole classic console collection saved and stored on my PC to use whenever i want.

But yes, i guess we should just keep buying "Remasters" of games we already own whenever a company decides to allow us that -_- . Thanks but no thanks!, ive payed for my games, ive payed for my system originally, i dont need to pay again in a few years time to play the game in better res when the company releases a remaster version i can do that on my PC with the games i already own thanks to emulation.

Well what do you think?

I am sure downloading Cemu is OK - but what about playing games are not meant for the purpuse?

Nintendo is the owner of Nintendo games - and we must pay to play them as and when and how Nintendo wants. so yes that's all.

nothing else much to be added to be honest.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#emulator

Let's say a company released a new form of UHD Blu-Rays. They have a monopoly on the content which is printed on their discs. Would it be wrong ethically to have alternative drives that can play these discs to the proprietary one, even if you didn't use any of the original software necessary to read and write to these discs? Of course not. You created a device which plays a medium that somebody else produced. You are not obligated to play the medium you paid for in that company's player. Now if Nintendo wanted to make this legally binding, all they have to do is make it contractual upon purchase. But they don't do that, because they know they can still make money off people who buy their games but no longer have a working console to play it on, or would rather play it on their own hardware. Sure it is a small percentage, but its money nevertheless. And there is nothing Nintendo can do to make the actual emulator illegal, just the act of playing their games on it through contracts, which they've chosen not to do. 

MegaDrive08 said:
If you dont support the platform you dont support gaming and in my eyes are not a real gamer, you want this industry to thrive then support the real thing.

What about people who actually bought it, deemed it subpar and are now waiting for someone on the internet to improve their experience for free because the platform holders are not willing and or able to do so.

Nintendo already has my money... not that they deserved it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

zero129 said:

I know i couldnt believe how well it ran on my PC. I really wasnt expecting any games at all to be playable.

Out of the games i tried on Dolphin in DX12 i can get 60FPS at around 4k res (Except for the Last Story that game has slow downs at parts).

On DX11 i get 60FPS at around 2-3k res.

PCSX2 everything i tried runs perfect at 1080P@60FPS with all the extras turned on.

Cemu runs better on my PC then citra the 3ds emu lol.

I'll give it a try. Wii U's CPU is very similar to the one used on Wii and GC, just beefed up. I believe that this sped up the development of an emulator. With Dolphin, even Wii emulations was usually easier and more reliable than even PS2 emulation.

vivster said:
MegaDrive08 said:

What about people who actually bought it, deemed it subpar and are now waiting for someone on the internet to improve their experience for free because the platform holders are not willing and or able to do so.

Nintendo already has my money... not that they deserved it.

Thats your opinion its subpar, i dont know, maybe your spoilt and cant appreciate something for what it is and are one of these people that always wants and demands more from developers and whine when you dont get what you expected, dont ever expect anything just be happy with what you get.

Around the Network

even if we own the disc or not, that is how the term piracy was built upon. duplicating the disc illegally.

console emulation may or may not pursued by any business (Sony, MS or Nintendo), it is somewhat illegal. Imagine after a few weeks of a console launch, a group of people able to emulate it properly 100% working fine, then I'm sure the big three would pursue these culprits.

regarding if it is subpar or not, it is one personal opinion to begin with. I'm not a saint or so, i have all the current gen consoles, and played old games through emulation since I don't have the money back then and the games are hard to find nowadays.

gabzjmm23 said:
even if we own the disc or not, that is how the term piracy was built upon. duplicating the disc illegally.

console emulation may or may not pursued by any business (Sony, MS or Nintendo), it is somewhat illegal. Imagine after a few weeks of a console launch, a group of people able to emulate it properly 100% working fine, then I'm sure the big three would pursue these culprits.

Console emulation is 100% legal in the United States as long as it doesn't distribute proprietary software (like a bios.)  Nintendo recently took down YouTube videos of a fan-made Twilight Princess HD texture pack/mod. Trust me, if they could get rid of Dolphin (and a plethora of other emulators) they would. Also, it is perfectly legal to copy a disc for archival purposes, and it is almost impossible to prove that the copy isn't being used for archival purposes (as one can always say their disc broke and they're playing their backup.) 

Piracy originally meant theft (old time pirates were on ships stealing from mercantile corporations.) Copying something you purchased is not theft. 

torok said:

I'll give it a try. Wii U's CPU is very similar to the one used on Wii and GC, just beefed up. I believe that this sped up the development of an emulator. With Dolphin, even Wii emulations was usually easier and more reliable than even PS2 emulation.

While this was possibly true on one-hand, the GPU for 7th generation (level) consoles were apparently a bitch to emulate until DX12 released. That is probably what lead to the breakthrough. 

Just buy the f***ing console you cheap bastards... there I said it.

It's kinda funny most people complaining about Nintendo are from people who would never even buy a Nintendo console but yet complain about not playing them.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Here's my stance. FUCK Y'ALL IM EMULATING SHIT ANYWAY!!!
If you dont like it then block me.
"Blocking people now available in VGChartz Supporter Program for Bronze users and above."
*This post was sponsored by VGChartz Supporter Program