By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - About Alison Rapp case.

HoloDust said:

Not sure what part of "trolls will be trolls" (from the previous thread) have you not understood, so you keep bringing up GG because "she said so", while info points to GG not having to do anything with it...but you sure avoid even going near the issues of press blindly siding with her and jumping at Nintendo's throat.

Speaking about the press, funny you should mention civilized discussion, since SJW outlets/forums were specificaly deleting posts and bannig people who were having civilized discussions, both in this instance and the first time - and that old trick with demonizing opponent is really geting old, if anyone is not for duscussion and debate, if anyone is close-minded and obsessed with its own ideology, if anyone is shuting down any conversation in last 2 or so years, that's SJWs and press that supports them.

I like how GamerGate continues to be mentioned  despite that I already showed one of Jamie Walton's tweets saying she contacted Nintendo of America earlier in this thread.

Around the Network

Please watch. It's important for me, and my day. https://youtu.be/xtE1HnIU6q8?t=228

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

So, she mentions something about the age of consent in Japan being 13, which I've heard before.

I don't know if it's because I'm an American, or whatever. But that's gross.

I live in a state where the age of consent is 16 (and it's actual legal for teens as young as 13 to have sex as long as there isn't more than a 3 year age difference) but 13 is really young...

I'm 24, and I look at 13 year olds as kids. Like, just bigger 9 year olds. Hell, I don't think I could bring myself to have sex with a 17 year old.

Anyways, I totally get why she was let go from Nintendo. But she is allowed to hold her own views.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

COKTOE said:

Please watch. It's important for me, and my day. https://youtu.be/xtE1HnIU6q8?t=228

I recently finished watching every episode of Mr. Show. That was one of my favorites.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Aura7541 said:
HoloDust said:

Not sure what part of "trolls will be trolls" (from the previous thread) have you not understood, so you keep bringing up GG because "she said so", while info points to GG not having to do anything with it...but you sure avoid even going near the issues of press blindly siding with her and jumping at Nintendo's throat.

Speaking about the press, funny you should mention civilized discussion, since SJW outlets/forums were specificaly deleting posts and bannig people who were having civilized discussions, both in this instance and the first time - and that old trick with demonizing opponent is really geting old, if anyone is not for duscussion and debate, if anyone is close-minded and obsessed with its own ideology, if anyone is shuting down any conversation in last 2 or so years, that's SJWs and press that supports them.

I like how GamerGate continues to be mentioned  despite that I already showed one of Jamie Walton's tweets saying she contacted Nintendo of America earlier in this thread.

Yeah, it's classic SJW narrative, "GG is bunch of white, cis-male misogynist basement dwellers", white-knights are here to save us and open our eyes.

Then when things don't go their way, when their is clear wrongdoing of the press, when their martyrs are exposed, it's just hilarious to watch them trying to wiggle like agents from Matrix to dodge the bullet.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
So, she mentions something about the age of consent in Japan being 13, which I've heard before.

I don't know if it's because I'm an American, or whatever. But that's gross.

I live in a state where the age of consent is 16 (and it's actual legal for teens as young as 13 to have sex as long as there isn't more than a 3 year age difference) but 13 is really young...

I'm 24, and I look at 13 year olds as kids. Like, just bigger 9 year olds. Hell, I don't think I could bring myself to have sex with a 17 year old.

Anyways, I totally get why she was let go from Nintendo. But she is allowed to hold her own views.

Legal age of consent always seemed like a weird situation because not everybody is the same. I mean a lot of people feel they are ready for sex well before 18, should people be sex offenders for consensual sex with a minor? Its a strange problem. But in most coutnries it seems to be north of 13 for consent.

At the very least, I certainly don't think we should be okay with sexualizing children which seems to be what Rapp is supporting.

She didn't even get fired for pedo stuff though, scantily clad photos didn't get her fired, it took being a prostitute for Nintendo to give up on her. Hopefully that pays better and good luck to her.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

What people don't understand about the Japan age of consent being 13 is that it's not the same as it is 16 is most of the US. Age of consent in Japan only applies to other people in that age group. It is still illegal in Japan for an adult to have sex with someone under 18. It's only legal if both are under 18 in Japan.

So, I'm wondering if any media who accused Nintendo of doing something wrong stepped up for them? After giving them a lot of backslash? It's funny how they're quick to criticize, but very slow to apologize. Gaming journalism at its finest. This is reason enough for every company to fire somebody, and we all know it.

Volterra_90 said:
So, I'm wondering if any media who accused Nintendo of doing something wrong stepped up for them? After giving them a lot of backslash? It's funny how they're quick to criticize, but very slow to apologize. Gaming journalism at its finest. This is reason enough for every company to fire somebody, and we all know it.

They apologize...ever?  

mornelithe said:

They apologize...ever?  

Fair enough. There are some cases, yeah, but I can count them on the fingers of one hand XD.