By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - European PS3 Platinum Range Detailed?

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9691&Itemid=59

By Tom Ivan

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has confirmed that a Platinum range of PS3 titles is on the way, but has refused to comment on reports hinting at the games in line for a price chop or pricing specifics. 

A European PS3 Platinum range is due this fall, reports Jeux-France, with MotorStorm, Heavenly Sword (pictured), Resistance: Fall of Man, Formula One Championship Edition, Lair, Folklore, Ridge Racer 7 and Genji: Days of the Blade set to be offered for €40 each.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe previously told Next-Gen that a Platinum range similar to that introduced in Japan was “likely” to be released in Europe at some stage. On Tuesday the platform holder said a Platinum range is definitely coming, but refused to go into any details or to confirm the Jeux-France report.

“We have said all along that a Platinum range will happen at some point as it is what we have always done. As for when, we haven't and will not confirm anything yet,” said a spokesperson.

Jeux-France recently broke the news about the soon to be released European Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 bundle.

Around the Network

nice now US needs one.

Good news, will hopefully mean that HS can crawl to 1 million sold with this price drop!

Well, tbh in Holland you can allready buy those games at this price. I'd hope they are gonna drop lower to 20-30 euros tbh.

Doesn't "platinum" mean "million seller"? If so, Sony fails at math.

But yeah, it's nice for PS3 owners (such as myself), too bad none of those games appeal to me. Well, maybe Ridge Racer.

Around the Network

Maybe I'll finally buy HS...

@Chrizum: No, platinium doens't mean anything specific in itself. It can be associated with a million number sold but also can be associated with any other number. For example for ELSPA (UK games awards) Platinium means 300k sold. But generally it's arbitrary number and platinium doens't mean anything more than "good-seller" unless it's in a specific context (like ELSPA awards).

good for ps3 owners

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions