By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will the PS4 Beat the PSVita in Japan?

When will the PS4 Beat the PSVita in Japan?

This Year! (2016) 2 6.25%

Next Year! (2017) 14 43.75%

2018! 8 25.00%

2019! 1 3.13%

2020! and BEYOND! 1 3.13%

NEEEEEVVVVEERRRRRR! 6 18.75%

Total:32

When do you guys think the PS4 will beat the PSVita in Japan? Or Never? 

According to VGChartz:

PS4 - 2.52mil 

PSVita - 4.75mil 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

That's going to be a really close call I guess. I tend to say Vita will win this one.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
That's going to be a really close call I guess. I tend to say Vita will win this one.

Yeah. Lots of people in here are thinking that the PS4 can beat the PS3, which is over 10mil! If the PSV can't reach them numbers, then I guess the PS4 beats it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Good question. I'll take a stab at next year as although the Vita is having a pretty good run of it now, I don't think it has anything coming that'll fight off the sales spikes the big name ps4 exclusives are going to generate.

Though it would be hilarious if this turned into another Wii U vs Vita type prediction thread.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

soon

Around the Network

I said 2018. The vita is still selling healthily in japan and could potentially for another 3 years or so. Maybe even longer if it keeps getting ports of PS4 and maybe even NX games.

Unless it tanks next year which I don't think it will, PS4 won't pass it easy. Vita putting up a fight!

Tough one, will it ever? this year will be key.

This depends on how many PS4s FFXV is gonna push. My guess is 2018 though.

Well Vita can have a long life time in Japan. No more sony handheld and possible multiplatform titles that are also on the new nintendo handheld/thing can help.. 2017 is the year that the PS4 can beat vita's numbers but it will still sell so don't expect it before 2018 and potentially never.