By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - source of new NX leaks confirmed¿?

Wyrdness said:
fleischr said:
So here's something to think about...

So if this indeed is Massive/Ubi Finland, the studio behind The Division, is working with the NX dev kit - what does that really say about the NX capabilities, it's future?

Notice the leakers aren't saying anything bad - it's internet trolls.

That's the funny thing, people saying they won't buy this and that yet if these leaks are true it means that the's a possibility that The Division is headed to the console, it's powerful enough to run UE4 which is the engine DQXI and other SE games are on which have been indicated to be on the way. Seriously that would be funny seeing the controller being unveiled as legit with The Division, DQXI, FF and so on with people claiming they're done.

So...you're saying it'll basically be Wii U 2?  The Wii U had the power to play all of the games the 360 did, if they were ported over, but did that help it? No.  So, if the rumors are true and this NX is just on par with the XBO, how is that going to be any different than the Wii U's situation?  I can tell you that there will be almost no one choosing it over the PS4 if they were considering the PS4 in the near future.  And more importantly, how is that going to help the NX when the PS5, which will be 4x-5x more powerful than the PS4, launches 1-2 years after it?

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

So...you're saying it'll basically be Wii U 2?  The Wii U had the power to play all of the games the 360 did, if they were ported over, but did that help it? No.  So, if the rumors are true and this NX is just on par with the XBO, how is that going to be any different than the Wii U's situation?  I can tell you that there will be almost no one choosing it over the PS4 if they were considering the PS4 in the near future.  And more importantly, how is that going to help the NX when the PS5, which will be 4x-5x more powerful than the PS4, launches 1-2 years after it?

E The Wii U launched two years too late. NX isn't. The PS4.5 isn't even a factor. It's not going to have exclusive games because it's not going to be a generational leap, so it's not going to matter. And PS4 isn't going away until at least 2021. These things were built and marketed to be 10-year platforms.

Also, there's nothing stopping NX from having incremental upgrades. Unlike PS4, this platform is built for it.

thismeintiel said:

Read your post and think about what you just typed, you really think the PS5 is launching in 2017? You're saying PS4 is only going to have a 4 year life span like the Wii U? The 8th gen hasn't even taken off yet for the PS4.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I dont understand who the fuck was the genius thinking when he did the controler in that shape.
Just why?

To get your reaction. And the reactions of others. But if it's true, then the questios are how well does it works,  how comfortable is it to hold, how  much of an improvement is it vs the Wii U pad, and how much cost does it add to the console? I don't see the pad tech as a big hurdle since the pad. Any real cost would be to improvement.