By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Man's Sky Coming To PSVR (Rumour)

So...both videos are private now. I saw the second one, but they're both gone now.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
So...both videos are private now. I saw the second one, but they're both gone now.

I think he's terrified this could do his channel some harm. The third video actually stated 'don't buy PSVR' so clearly he's worried people will go out and buy it because of what he's said. He didn't know about cinema mode and clearly those he phoned didn't understand the difference between VR and cinema mode.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Normchacho said:

I think he's terrified this could do his channel some harm. The third video actually stated 'don't buy PSVR' so clearly he's worried people will go out and buy it because of what he's said. He didn't know about cinema mode and clearly those he phoned didn't understand the difference between VR and cinema mode.

Yeah...it seemed like a pretty weak way to try and source information.

I work in the electronics department of a major retailer, and have friends that work at Gamestop, and we might get some information a little early, but nothing of actual consiquence.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:

I work in the electronics department of a major retailer, and have friends that work at Gamestop, and we might get some information a little early, but nothing of actual consiquence.

I would be very careful with things like this but I reckon I'd make the same mistake. He was informed because Sony sent out a directive to all the stores telling them what they should include if people ask 'what games are compatible with PSVR'. No Man's Sky was one of them and let's be honest, no one would have thought of cinema mode when associating a game that's compatible with PSVR.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Normchacho said:

I would be very careful with things like this but I reckon I'd make the same mistake. He was informed because Sony sent out a directive to all the stores telling them what they should include if people ask 'what games are compatible with PSVR'. No Man's Sky was one of them and let's be honest, no one would have thought of cinema mode when associating a game that's compatible with PSVR.

Is that what happened though? I feel like the more likely scenario is they were told that you can play any game using PSVR through the cinema mode. So anytime anyone asks if any PS4 game will work with PSVR, a less knowlegable employee may just say 'yes' without pointing out that it's only through the cinema mode.

It would be weird if they were specifically told about NMS...who knows though, I haven't seen my Sony rep since the announcement, so maybe he'll have news for me?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Around the Network
Normchacho said:

Is that what happened though? I feel like the more likely scenario is they were told that you can play any game using PSVR through the cinema mode. So anytime anyone asks if any PS4 game will work with PSVR, a less knowlegable employee may just say 'yes' without pointing out that it's only through the cinema mode.

It would be weird if they were specifically told about NMS...who knows though, I haven't seen my Sony rep since the announcement, so maybe he'll have news for me?

That is what happened. The retailers got a list of compatible games from Sony and No Man's Sky was on the list. It still feels likely that it's correct but he's just playing very safe now. I just think Sony would have simply said all games are compatible with PSVR in cinema mode. The fact the list was sent to these retailers specifically to answer the question 'which games are compatible' suggests to me they're not talking about cinema mode. We'll see.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Normchacho said:

That is what happened. The retailers got a list of compatible games from Sony and No Man's Sky was on the list. It still feels likely that it's correct but he's just playing very safe now. I just think Sony would have simply said all games are compatible with PSVR in cinema mode. The fact the list was sent to these retailers specifically to answer the question 'which games are compatible' suggests to me they're not talking about cinema mode. We'll see.

That is interesting. I agree that the game is likely going to be compatible. I guess we'll know before June.

Bet with Adamblaziken: