By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miitomo reactions and expectations have been... Weird...

Do you use Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat multiple times a day?

Yes, I do. 80 36.53%

No, I don't. 139 63.47%

Total:219

Just the nature of the app I guess.

I don't really use a lot of social apps, besides Twitter on occasion, so this an app that I really don't care for.

Only reason I care at all is for the Nintendo points thing.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

People writing they dont use social media on vgchartz. A forum. A Social medium.

You guys are funny

RolStoppable said:

I am not expecting a dockable unit.

The purpose of Nintendo's smartphone applications is to expose people to Nintendo IPs and get them to sign up to a My Nintendo account. Once people have done that, they can accumulate reward points that can be redeemed on dedicated Nintendo gaming hardware. It's marketing and an additional incentive to buy Nintendo hardware.

I will likely never agree with you more than this.

Platina said:

I think so too, this doesn't seem like something that would be popular on only one region..

Tomodachi Life did really well in Europe so it's too early to assume

Well it hit 1m in Japan in 3 days and, unlike with video games, these apps see better numbers after they launch. This is going to be really huge.

Mbolibombo said:
People writing they dont use social media on vgchartz. A forum. A Social medium.

You guys are funny

Not the same thing when it's only with people you don't know.

Around the Network

Well in a few days it reached 1m which means 1m accounts for the new accounts system.

Wyrdness said:
Well in a few days it reached 1m which means 1m accounts for the new accounts system.

Unfortunately that's not how it works, which is stupid because that's how it should work.

You don't need a Nintendo account to play Miitomo.

At least, I'm pretty sure you don't.

RolStoppable said:

It isn't stupid. Forcing people to sign up isn't as good as leaving people the choice to make that commitment. People are more inclined to make further commitments when they can be confident that everything is their choice.

I disagree completely.

Also, I can't keep up with your avatars.

spemanig said:
RolStoppable said:

It isn't stupid. Forcing people to sign up isn't as good as leaving people the choice to make that commitment. People are more inclined to make further commitments when they can be confident that everything is their choice.

I disagree completely.

Also, I can't keep up with your avatars.

And I disagree completely with your opinion 

Keep register process simple as much as possible is the way biggest retailers are doing nowaday

Like some websites let you order something with guest check out and create account later or they even don't force you to register new account if you don't want to do it

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
RolStoppable said:

Seriously?

If you want to do A, do you like it if you have to do A and B, possibly even C? Isn't it always more convenient if A only requires you to do A while everything else is optional?

Seriously. Miitomo should be used as a way to get people into their ecosystem. That doesn't happen when it's optional. Signing up for Nintendo Account isn't this 20-step process. If you have any social media acount, it takes seconds. People are already used to signing up to multiple programs through social media, and if they really wanted to play Miitomo, most people wouldn't care about wasting those seconds. Nintendo should have been used as a way to unify all their smart phone games under one ecosystem umbrella. Now it's not that because you don't need to be apart of it to play. It should be mandatory for all of their apps.