Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
uran10 said:
Cloudman said:

Lol, this is why the Anime Thread is about your least favorite girl character?

lol a mod changed the title of the anime thread it was simply worst anime girl, but that doesn't matter. I have another poll coming soon in the anime thread, a more positive one for harem lovers.

Also i've been picking up quite a few manga. I don't really comment on what I read tho, but I just finished new chapters of to love ru darkness, world trigger and a few others.

Haha, I see. Sounds like things got a little heated up. xD but it sounds like fun.

I have been picking up a few manga as well, but they're rather niche, so I dunno if people would be interested in hearing about them...

I did read the one about the girl who wants to become an otaku and the guy become cool (raiju) It was a fun read, but I'm afraid now it won't be updated again for a long time. And it left off at such a bad part too... T_T

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Those who read Horimiya and/or Firepunch, they have new chapters! So you can read them now!

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
uran10 said:

lol a mod changed the title of the anime thread it was simply worst anime girl, but that doesn't matter. I have another poll coming soon in the anime thread, a more positive one for harem lovers.

Also i've been picking up quite a few manga. I don't really comment on what I read tho, but I just finished new chapters of to love ru darkness, world trigger and a few others.

Haha, I see. Sounds like things got a little heated up. xD but it sounds like fun.

I have been picking up a few manga as well, but they're rather niche, so I dunno if people would be interested in hearing about them...

I did read the one about the girl who wants to become an otaku and the guy become cool (raiju) It was a fun read, but I'm afraid now it won't be updated again for a long time. And it left off at such a bad part too... T_T

Yea... I can't even peep at the LN cause the manga is slightly ahead of the translations

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

10 days since Bleach's last chapter released and I'm still just as salty.

I'm sure people are getting sick of hearing about Bleach in here..but oh well, another few weeks won't kill you.

This has been open for a while, but Jump has created a site to easily let fans send Kubo messages or ask questions now that Bleach is over. 

https://www.shonenjump.com/j/bleach_message/

Jump will likely delete angry or long messages...especially if they're in English, so it's best to keep them short, or ask a few easily answered questions. I'm going to ask a few questions about Grimmjow, the origins of Segunda Etapa, and thank Kubo for the fun ride. The ending stunk, but Bleach really was a formative series for me, and I don't regret getting so into it. I think Kubo deserves some credit, at least for everything up to the Aizen fight conclusion. 

No big manga updates for me...been catching up on Shokugeki no Soma still. Read Fairy Tail and Seven Deadly Sins, I guess.  

FT: Giant Brandish is amazing...but Juvia chapter....snooze. Hopefully she gets killed off...but she won't stay that way so whatever. Really wish she and Ultear switched places.  

7DS: Of course he's already back. I was just thinking there wasn't enough Meliodas worship in this manga...I guess Suzuki couldn't take it anymore. Spoilers for tomorrow seem interesting at least...*fingers crossed*  

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

Seven Deadly Sins: *cringes*

Just what Meliodas needed. Another power-up. God forbid Suzuki build up another character. I swear this whole manga is just a love story from the author to Meliodas. It's getting kind of unbearable at this point. Hopefully they switch back to the rest of the cast, because watching Meliodas Gary-Stu it up is about as interesting as watching paint dry.  

Fairy Tail: *vomits*

Man...I really dislike Juvia, and the Gray/Juvia pairing by extension. She's a minor character, she's boring, and the obsessiveness gag just isn't funny. Gray is great when he's Natsu's rival, but being attached at the the hip to this psycho chick just does not help him at all. I would be happy if this was really permenant, but it obviously won't be.

I know Fairy Tail does this crap a lot, but after Gajeel, I've become extremely jaded towards this story. Even small children won't fall for the death flags/actual deaths anymore...what the hell is Hiro even doing?  

Pretty negative this week...though neither of these manga have impressed me in a long time. I should probably drop one or both, but I still care about certain parts of the story...I guess. I suppose the question is...how long will Kiane and Na/Lu keep me interested.  

Super_Boom said:

Seven Deadly Sins: *cringes*

Just what Meliodas needed. Another power-up. God forbid Suzuki build up another character. I swear this whole manga is just a love story from the author to Meliodas. It's getting kind of unbearable at this point. Hopefully they switch back to the rest of the cast, because watching Meliodas Gary-Stu it up is about as interesting as watching paint dry.  

Fairy Tail: *vomits*

Man...I really dislike Juvia, and the Gray/Juvia pairing by extension. She's a minor character, she's boring, and the obsessiveness gag just isn't funny. Gray is great when he's Natsu's rival, but being attached at the the hip to this psycho chick just does not help him at all. I would be happy if this was really permenant, but it obviously won't be.

I know Fairy Tail does this crap a lot, but after Gajeel, I've become extremely jaded towards this story. Even small children won't fall for the death flags/actual deaths anymore...what the hell is Hiro even doing?  

Pretty negative this week...though neither of these manga have impressed me in a long time. I should probably drop one or both, but I still care about certain parts of the story...I guess. I suppose the question is...how long will Kiane and Na/Lu keep me interested.  

Seven Deadly Sins:  He's a medieval Goku.  I believe I've already mentioned this but he's the sole reason I gave up on the series, despite loving Diane, King, and others.  While they struggled, Meliodas just overcame everything without even trying.  It nulified all the build up.  I got stick of thinking, "okay, NOW is when it gets tough."

An author blindly masturbating over one of their own characters is a fast way to ruin the intergrity of a work.  Reminds of the Gap Cycle by Stephen R. Donaldson.  It was, for the most part, fantastic, especially the third book, A Dark and Hungry God Arises, which delved deep into the psyche of Angus, a person as twisted as he was vulnerable.  After that, though, it all became about the heroine.  The author had all the other characters reflect on how wonderful and pure and indomitable she was, to the point that it felt silly and unrealistic.  

Fairy Tail:  I like Juvia.  Please keep in mind, however, that when I say I like Juvia, I'm not talking about the gag character she became but the character she was at first.  I don't count the joke character as being the real character.  She could have been a really strong addition but instead she became a running punchline.  It pisses me off, to be honest.  Fairy Tail leaves the impression that the author can barely manage the main team, leaving all the other character he's created to dissolve into goop in really unsatisfying ways.

Huh, I'm wondering now if I should give Seven Deadly Sins a try. I've considered it a couple of times, but it sounds like it's far from perfect at times.

Dance my pretties!

pokoko said:

Seven Deadly Sins:  He's a medieval Goku.  I believe I've already mentioned this but he's the sole reason I gave up on the series, despite loving Diane, King, and others.  While they struggled, Meliodas just overcame everything without even trying.  It nulified all the build up.  I got stick of thinking, "okay, NOW is when it gets tough."

An author blindly masturbating over one of their own characters is a fast way to ruin the intergrity of a work.  Reminds of the Gap Cycle by Stephen R. Donaldson.  It was, for the most part, fantastic, especially the third book, A Dark and Hungry God Arises, which delved deep into the psyche of Angus, a person as twisted as he was vulnerable.  After that, though, it all became about the heroine.  The author had all the other characters reflect on how wonderful and pure and indomitable she was, to the point that it felt silly and unrealistic.  

Fairy Tail:  I like Juvia.  Please keep in mind, however, that when I say I like Juvia, I'm not talking about the gag character she became but the character she was at first.  I don't count the joke character as being the real character.  She could have been a really strong addition but instead she became a running punchline.  It pisses me off, to be honest.  Fairy Tail leaves the impression that the author can barely manage the main team, leaving all the other character he's created to dissolve into goop in really unsatisfying ways.

7DS: Yeah, that's a pretty good analogy. Personally, I've learned to live with Gary Stus in manga like this, since it seems to come with the genre. If they amuse me with some quirk, I usually won't mind. With Meliodas though, his only real flaw is his perverted side, which I honestly don't find very funny...especially since his advances are only rarely openly rebuked. It just seems like Suzuki is just going around showing off Meliodas to everyone constantly. "Hey guys! This is my MC! Isn't he awesome? Isn't he the best! I love him so much!" He's not my cat, and so I can't possibly understand why he'd act this way.

FT: I thought Juvia had potential up until the Magic Games arc. Her interactions with Lucy, Meredy, and sometimes Gajeel did a much better job fleshing out her character. The problem has always been her interactions with Gray, which have never felt deep at all, just Hiro forcing the obsessive waifu gag down my throat. I honestly grew more attached to the Gray/Ultear pairing shortly after their first meeting, their bond easily trumped whatever he'd set up with Gray/Juvia beforehand. Actually that probably explains why he sacrificed Ultear during the Games arc; he'd written himself into a corner that would have forced him to develop Juvia as a character.

Honestly, there are a few pairings I love in Fairy Tail, but overall they just feel really tame. Rave Master handled romance much better IMO. The couples actually felt compatible, he wasn't afraid to write bittersweet endings, and above all, he didn't feel the need to pair off every freaking character.

Cloudman said:
Huh, I'm wondering now if I should give Seven Deadly Sins a try. I've considered it a couple of times, but it sounds like it's far from perfect at times.

Like most things, I'd recommend trying it out before taking our word for it. The support cast is pretty awesome, and the setting is unique. The only drawback is an annoyingly perfect MC...so it depends how big of a deal that is for you.

If you're looking for a big Shounen adventure manga to start, a few of us are reading Hero Academia here, and I can highly recommend that one. It starts off following familiar templates, but really stands on its own later on. The last big arc was fantastic, and I still find myself daydreaming about it at random times of the day. Last time I was this hooked on a manga like this was while I was catching up on One Piece.

Super_Boom said:

Cloudman said:

Like most things, I'd recommend trying it out before taking our word for it. The support cast is pretty awesome, and the setting is unique. The only drawback is an annoyingly perfect MC...so it depends how big of a deal that is for you.

If you're looking for a big Shounen adventure manga to start, a few of us are reading Hero Academia here, and I can highly recommend that one. It starts off following familiar templates, but really stands on its own later on. The last big arc was fantastic, and I still find myself daydreaming about it at random times of the day. Last time I was this hooked on a manga like this was while I was catching up on One Piece.

Haha, alright then. I'll give them both a read today when I can.

Dance my pretties!