Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
Cloudman said:
psychicscubadiver said:
Help me vgchartz. I'm out of manga to read and need a new series. I plan to read it in class so it can't have a lot of gore or fanservice. I'm caught up or not interested in all of the big name manga. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I can try to help you out~ What kinda of manga do you prefer?

Mostly Shonen, Slice of Life, or Comedy, though I am open to try anything so long as it isn't toilet humor or super 'dark and edgy'.

Bandorr said:
psychicscubadiver said:
Help me vgchartz. I'm out of manga to read and need a new series. I plan to read it in class so it can't have a lot of gore or fanservice. I'm caught up or not interested in all of the big name manga. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The Gamer. Tower of god. Beelzebub. D-frag. Gamble fish. Liar Game. One outs. Witch hunter. World trigger.

I would suggest shokugeki no soma.. but things to get a bit of fan-service when they are tasting good food.

I am already a big fan of Witch Hunter and World Trigger and dropped Tower of god and Beelzebub a while ago.

The others sound interesting and I will definitely give them a look.

Around the Network
psychicscubadiver said:
Cloudman said:

I can try to help you out~ What kinda of manga do you prefer?

Mostly Shonen, Slice of Life, or Comedy, though I am open to try anything so long as it isn't toilet humor or super 'dark and edgy'.

For slice of life and comedy, perhaps Horimiya could be something you'd like. It's like a mix of both with romance. It's one of my personal current favorites.

I also recommend RELIFE, a manga about a middle aged man who was fired, can't find a job, and it struggling with personal issues, until one day he gets sought out by a company to take in an experiment to relive one year of his life as a high schooler as a sort of 'restart'

Sen to Man I find to be a funny slice of life manga as well. It's about the life of a father and daughter and just them living their daily lives, dealing with everyday things. It's funny seeing the interaction between the daughter and father.

I'll just start off with those for now. Not sure if you're crazy about romance stories, but I have a few of those.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Bandorr said:
psychicscubadiver said:

The Gamer. Tower of god. Beelzebub. D-frag. Gamble fish. Liar Game. One outs. Witch hunter. World trigger.

I would suggest shokugeki no soma.. but things to get a bit of fan-service when they are tasting good food.

How is the manga for Liar Game?  Absolutely loved the live action drama.  It's one of my favorites and I rewatch it now and then.  Erika Toda was so lovely in that ...

psychicscubadiver said:

Are you into Boku No Hero Academia ? It's a really good shounen and it's extremely easy to catch up with

One Piece Chapter 837

Ohhhhhhh boy, seems like everyone underestimated Urouge ! he took down one of Big Mom's commanders and he might very well have injured Cracker (if you look closely you'll notice that Cracker has a scar under his right eye), I'm wondering why Brulée doesn't know that Urouge is still alive, maybe Cracker didn't want to let others know that he was defeated ? Still I'm positive Cracker is gone for now, people say that his "NGHHH" means he's gona fight but imho he's done, maybe he'll try a last attack but he'll fail just like Burgess did with Sabo in Dressrosa. Now that Luffy used G4 already I can't help but think that he'll use something else to defeat Big Mom, imho (and I'm serious) It'll be his stupidity. If you look closely at the house in the Seducing Woods you'll notice that there's a giant Mirror behind it, I'm positive that's the portal for the Mirror World

Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 104 (same as this page lmao)

Crazy chapter for BNHA aswell ! Inhasa is the real deal, after this chapter I'm 100% shure that he's the strongest of his class, on the other hand, I'm still positive he's not the strongest in his school. The Shake guy on the other hand imho is weak AF, shure, he can make Earthquakes, but if he uses too much power he gets paralyzed, Ochako will EASILY defeat him by making him float. Now that the class is divided, the chanses of some of them not passing the exam are even higher. I'm kinda sad that the girl from Shiketsu will be the first to get her ass beaten from Izuku, I thought she could be an interesting character...

Cloudman said:
psychicscubadiver said:

For slice of life and comedy, perhaps Horimiya could be something you'd like. It's like a mix of both with romance. It's one of my personal current favorites.

I also recommend RELIFE, a manga about a middle aged man who was fired, can't find a job, and it struggling with personal issues, until one day he gets sought out by a company to take in an experiment to relive one year of his life as a high schooler as a sort of 'restart'

Sen to Man I find to be a funny slice of life manga as well. It's about the life of a father and daughter and just them living their daily lives, dealing with everyday things. It's funny seeing the interaction between the daughter and father.

I'll just start off with those for now. Not sure if you're crazy about romance stories, but I have a few of those.

Thank you, I tried Horimiya and am liking it thus far. I'll give the other two a shot later.

pokoko said:
Bandorr said:

How is the manga for Liar Game?  Absolutely loved the live action drama.  It's one of my favorites and I rewatch it now and then.  Erika Toda was so lovely in that...

I'm really liking the manga for Liar Game about sixty chapters in thus far. It does feel like they take a bit long to reach the conclusion, but the explainations are understandable and not tedious which is the most important thing for stories like this. Clever manuevaring is great, but when you need a massive, confusing wall of text to explain it the story is just bogged down.

Luke888 said:
psychicscubadiver said:

Are you into Boku No Hero Academia ? It's a really good shounen and it's extremely easy to catch up with

Yes, I am reading and caught up to Boku no Hero Academia. Originally, I wasn't going to read it because I disliked the 'proto' story where Deku was an adult salesman for a hero gadget company, but a friend promised me that the actual series was much better and I had to agree with him after trying.

Around the Network

No new Bleach chapter... T-T

One Piece: Gear Fourth in the hizzouse!!!

Everyone on VGC: turns away like they don't know him

So Urouge was strong enough to defeat one of Big Mom's commanders, I didn't expect that. Mostly because he's the probably least exposed member of the Worst Generation so far, alongside Bonnie. I hope he gets more involved in this arc...though isn't he connected to Kaidou's crew somehow? I thought he was shown before Kaidou jumped out of Sky Island.  

Hero Academia: New cute girl...I'm certainly complaining.

I wonder what the fired-up dude's power is. Specific levitation? Guy is a BAMF for sure.

I feel like this chapter went by way too fast...but I'm psyched for the next one.   

psychicscubadiver said:

Yes, I am reading and caught up to Boku no Hero Academia. Originally, I wasn't going to read it because I disliked the 'proto' story where Deku was an adult salesman for a hero gadget company, but a friend promised me that the actual series was much better and I had to agree with him after trying.

I actually like one-shots a lot, especially when I'm aware of the series beforehand. I agree with you on the HA one-shot though...that was a bit of a turn-off. Deku looked really homely, and the previous iteration of All Might (who was basically that gun slinger hero in the main story) wasn't nearly as interesting. The actual story changed the setting and characters pretty drastically, it seems like the only things it shared with the main story is the MC's name and the hero theme.

Speaking of one-shots, I started reading Shokugeki no Soma recently, and the one-shot in that manga was pretty enjoyable. Erina was a student teacher, and Soma was a student that kept skipping class. It ended with her basically declaring Soma her rival, which is amusing after watching the anime.

Another one-shot I really liked was Seven Deadly Sins. I find the main duo pretty dull in the actual story, but their personalities in the one-shot were terrific. Boke Elizabeth easily trumps her canon version, and an irritable Meliodas that actually shows emotion is much more amusing than the Amazing Smirking-Super-Shota. This page in particular killed me (putting it in a link instead of posting the image, since this is family thread).

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

So considering that Bleach just ended I decided an option in this poll for those of you who disliked a certain aspect of the ending of bleach and all you have to do is check out the sister thread, the anime thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=187653&page=1#

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
So considering that Bleach just ended I decided an option in this poll for those of you who disliked a certain aspect of the ending of bleach and all you have to do is check out the sister thread, the anime thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=187653&page=1#

Lol, this is why the Anime Thread is about your least favorite girl character?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
uran10 said:

Lol, this is why the Anime Thread is about your least favorite girl character?

lol a mod changed the title of the anime thread it was simply worst anime girl, but that doesn't matter. I have another poll coming soon in the anime thread, a more positive one for harem lovers.

Also i've been picking up quite a few manga. I don't really comment on what I read tho, but I just finished new chapters of to love ru darkness, world trigger and a few others.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD