Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
Luke888 said:

for One Piece

I feel like Moria's powers are quite different from those of Big Mom, first of all, Big Mom's is WAY stronger: she can take portions of the souls of people when Moria couldn't take portions of the shadows, seemingly Big Mom's soul can split in multiple Incarnations while Moria's shadow had to remain complete (except when it moved transforming into bats), Big Mom can kill right away people by taking all of their lifespan while Moria's power only kills people if they get in the sunlight after losing their shadow. Moria will certainly come back,but not during this arc, it was said that Moria once fought against Kaido only to be defeated by him, If anything I expect him to have a big role in the upcoming war against Kaido.

For My Hero Academia read below

Basically there were 2 exams, one for normal students like Bakugou or Izuku and another one for referral students like Todoroki (son of the 2nd best Hero) or Yaoyorozu (genius girl), the second test was probably made so that the referral students were actually good and so they didn't enter just because of some shady buisness going on (for example, Yaoyorozu beeing member of a rich family could have paid to enter U.A. but to prevent this the referral exam was set up) so I think the guy who ranked #1 means actual business. That beeing said I get the feeling from his attitude that he went to the other school thinking of beeing the best in the world and ended up beeing the worst student in the class: that's why he was entusiastic about U.A. : he spent the whole year beeing the worst of the class and now he has the chance to prove he's stronger than someeone: the U.A. students that he classifies as inferior due to him ranking #1 at the referral exam. In this scenario his class mates would be the actual threat to the U.A.students and would also explain why the students didn't bother helping him when he started bleeding (it might also be related to his power).

OP: Definitely agreed...Oda left Moriah alive for a reason. Big Mom is almost certainly more powerful (not that power levels really exist in a serious capacity, but there's a reason one is a Yonko), but it seems like her power was introduced in a way that intentionally seemed opposite Moriah's. It was mentioned that she can put souls in anything other than deceased bodies, while that was basically Moriah's jam throughout Thriller Bark. It could just be that Oda didn't want to have overlapping powers...though since Lola is being brought up now, it might be that this will be brought up in the story.  

MHA: That makes more sense, so this guy was completing with Momo and Todoroki, not necessarily Bakugou and Deku. I'll assume that's the case unless the manga says otherwise, since Deku is only comparing him to Todoroki right now.

That will be something if he's used as a prop for the rest of his class, though I'm not sure if that'll be the case. U.A. is the premier hero school for a reason, I imagine. I think he likely has some personal reasons for backing out of U.A...not that I can think of any better than your theory.  

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention! We've passed 1000 posts in the thread! Hurray for the thread!

1000th poster, come on down and take your prize...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Super_Boom said:
Luke888 said:

for One Piece

I feel like Moria's powers are quite different from those of Big Mom, first of all, Big Mom's is WAY stronger: she can take portions of the souls of people when Moria couldn't take portions of the shadows, seemingly Big Mom's soul can split in multiple Incarnations while Moria's shadow had to remain complete (except when it moved transforming into bats), Big Mom can kill right away people by taking all of their lifespan while Moria's power only kills people if they get in the sunlight after losing their shadow. Moria will certainly come back,but not during this arc, it was said that Moria once fought against Kaido only to be defeated by him, If anything I expect him to have a big role in the upcoming war against Kaido.

For My Hero Academia read below

Basically there were 2 exams, one for normal students like Bakugou or Izuku and another one for referral students like Todoroki (son of the 2nd best Hero) or Yaoyorozu (genius girl), the second test was probably made so that the referral students were actually good and so they didn't enter just because of some shady buisness going on (for example, Yaoyorozu beeing member of a rich family could have paid to enter U.A. but to prevent this the referral exam was set up) so I think the guy who ranked #1 means actual business. That beeing said I get the feeling from his attitude that he went to the other school thinking of beeing the best in the world and ended up beeing the worst student in the class: that's why he was entusiastic about U.A. : he spent the whole year beeing the worst of the class and now he has the chance to prove he's stronger than someeone: the U.A. students that he classifies as inferior due to him ranking #1 at the referral exam. In this scenario his class mates would be the actual threat to the U.A.students and would also explain why the students didn't bother helping him when he started bleeding (it might also be related to his power).

OP: Definitely agreed...Oda left Moriah alive for a reason. Big Mom is almost certainly more powerful (not that power levels really exist in a serious capacity, but there's a reason one is a Yonko), but it seems like her power was introduced in a way that intentionally seemed opposite Moriah's. It was mentioned that she can put souls in anything other than deceased bodies, while that was basically Moriah's jam throughout Thriller Bark. It could just be that Oda didn't want to have overlapping powers...though since Lola is being brought up now, it might be that this will be brought up in the story.  

MHA: That makes more sense, so this guy was completing with Momo and Todoroki, not necessarily Bakugou and Deku. I'll assume that's the case unless the manga says otherwise, since Deku is only comparing him to Todoroki right now.

That will be something if he's used as a prop for the rest of his class, though I'm not sure if that'll be the case. U.A. is the premier hero school for a reason, I imagine. I think he likely has some personal reasons for backing out of U.A...not that I can think of any better than your theory.  

MHA Well if you've read chapter 103 now we know another big reasoning that pushed him away from Yuuei...

That moment when you find a good new manga to read

Omae O Otaku ni shiteyaru kara ore o riajuu ni shitekure: It's originally a LN it seems but its so funny, you guys should check it out.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Sorry to be late to the party, but I have to say, oh, Kubo you beautiful, unrelenting troll. As much as his antics amuse me me I am surprised anyone thought Ichigo would end up with anyone other than Orihime. Kubo has shilled her hard ever since Mexican Hell.

Multiple arms is not really that big of a threat to Luffy. After all once you go above eight or ten all those arms just get in the way. Not like he can sprout them wherever he wants like Robin can. I do wonder how the crew will deal with the mirror world though.

Intriguing to see UA at a disadvantage in the hero license test. I do hope that some of them fail. Even if they work as a group it's a bit unreasonable for every one of them to survive this onslaught.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

Bleach did have its issues. The 1000-Year Blood War arc in particular started strong, hyping up the Wandenreich to be a serious threat, but then it meandered quite a bit after old man Yama was killed. Some of the Sternritter did prove to be threats and had great fights, but others were just pushovers with little to no development, though Ywach turned out to be unfairly broken as final bosses go. Generally speaking, Aizen's crew and the Arrancar were more interesting characters. I didn't like how how Unohana was stuffed into the fridge off-panel, all to give Kenpachi a power-up, and even then he proved to be less than effective. The rushed ending also cut short any further character develpment for Haschwalt in addition to leaving the fates of many characters unknown.

I was dissapointed with the Sternritter overall, which is part of why I was so critical of the final arc. Kubo did a fantastic job with the Shinigami captains and Espada during the previous arcs, and compared to that, these guys just felt so 1-dimensional. Kubo created a design, a fancy name, a power, and then just had them fight someone at random. Rinse and repeat. Almost none of them had interesting motivations or backstory, and the few that did were killed off extremely anti-climactically.

I think the final fight with Ychwach would have been much better if Kubo had more time, as he was one of the few villains whose stories I was actually interested in. Especially since he was strongly implied to be a warped version of Jesus Christ...Kubo could have done so much more with him. Instead, we got a rushed and cheesy motivation that just fell flat...well to me, anyway.

psychicscubadiver said:
Sorry to be late to the party, but I have to say, oh, Kubo you beautiful, unrelenting troll. As much as his antics amuse me me I am surprised anyone thought Ichigo would end up with anyone other than Orihime. Kubo has shilled her hard ever since Mexican Hell.

Personally, I wasn't expecting pairings to be confirmed. The only open romances he's done before now have ended with one of the partners dead. Kubo has always seemed to have a knack for bittersweet, tragic type of romances...like Gin/Ran, Isshin/Masaki, and Ken/Uno (arguably Ulqui/Hime and Noi/Nel as well, but those are a lot more vague I suppose). The few times Kubo's added romance into the story, it was a lot more subtle, which is why a lot people weren't expecting him to go the "married with kids" route with four of his main characters.

I mentioned it in my post, but the only reason Kubo seemed to do pairings was a means to an end. He wanted to end the story like it began, which is why he had Ichika and Kazui meet just as Ichigo and Rukia met 700 chapters ago. I honestly didn't care that much...but I can't imagine I would be excited no matter what pairing I liked. The girl Ichigo ended up only had like three panels in the final chapter....and I can't remember if Renji even had a spoken line.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I'm not sure if I should start speaking my mind about the ending. I'd probably write 10 pages worth of text, lol.

MohammadBadir said:
I'm not sure if I should start speaking my mind about the ending. I'd probably write 10 pages worth of text, lol.

Oh man, would I love to see that...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

uran10 said:

Omae O Otaku ni shiteyaru kara ore o riajuu ni shitekure: It's originally a LN it seems but its so funny, you guys should check it out.

Funny you mention that manga. I started reading that the day you posted this comment xD

Dance my pretties!

Cloudman said:
uran10 said:

Funny you mention that manga. I started reading that the day you posted this comment xD

I found it yesterday too. I want to read the LN tbh but I'm lazy.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD