By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you guys think it's possible that the NX could be compatible with VR?

I'm not sure if it's as simple as making a VR device compatible with it, but perhaps it's possible.

The question is, would they want to?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Yes..

IF they dont have thiere own solution.. I dont think Nintendo ever would team up with expensive sets like OR or Vive (and never PSVR) but I could see them alow Phones to be used.. (and only make the holder like galaxy gear)

But (imo) 95%.. if NX have VR.. Nintendo will make them self.. (Meaning team up with other company like they always do)

The tech used for VR.. is gyro and reqire motion controllers and a wireless second screen.. Nintendo did VR in 2013.. the streetwiev and bird demo that let you look around freely on the WiiU gamepad.. is basicly VR) and they offcourse have done there own experiments with VR in many years (+15 years)

Could happend.. Yes..

No way. Not with Nintendos almost contempt for even somewhat powerful hardware.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Anything's possible but I honestly doubt it.

Normchacho said:

PS4 runs VR..

(Nintendo could proberly build some stronger than ps4.. using new hardware and solutions.. and still not be more expensive than the WiiU launch price)

Around the Network
FromDK said:
Normchacho said:

PS4 runs VR..

And?

"The NX is definitely not aiming to compete with the likes of PS4 on a power level. Absolutely sure of that now."

Nintendo does not care about power.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

It's possible if you really want it and your heart is pure and free of evil.

Normchacho said:
FromDK said:

PS4 runs VR..

And?

"The NX is definitely not aiming to compete with the likes of PS4 on a power level. Absolutely sure of that now."

I "edditet" why .. but the point is it would be pretty hard to build some that was weaker..

Nintendo care about "the experince" so if they need power to do.. what ever they want.. They use it.. (look at all Nintendo home consoles before wii.. And we have very litle official statements about NX.. but one of them is that its not anything like Wii or WiiU) 

And dont know who that Liam guy is.. and where he should know anything almost a year back from..  but we also have some game dev saying the opporsite..

Ontopic.. when it comes to VR I always think back to a used Nintendo quote from 2010-2011.. "HD is not next step"

No, but I think Nintendo already plans for their own VR device that probably will be compatible with NX.

Normchacho said:
FromDK said:

PS4 runs VR..

And?

That is just a rumour, and after Wii U Nintendo will care about power if they want better 3rd party support, and I think they definatly want better 3rd party support.