By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rank the Xeno games

Not sure if a thread like this has been made before, but I'm curious now that people have had a chance to play Xenoblade X, how would you guys rank the Xeno games as a whole?  For me, it would be...

1. Xenogears

2. Xenoblade Chonicles

3. Xenosaga Episode III

4. Xenosaga Episode I

5. Xenoblade Chronicles X

6. Xenosaga Episode II

I'm basing this off of how much I enjoyed the story, music and gameplay of each one.  So for Xenogears, it is still pretty much my favorite game of all time and gets high marks in each category.  Likewise with Xenoblade, it's easily my favorite game from all of last gen.  Each of the others is a little hit or miss in one area or another, but they are all still enjoyable to me.  Xenosaga Episode II is my least favorite because I remember disliking the battle system.  Some battles just took way too long.  Still, it had a great story and that's what kept me playing.

Anyways, please excuse this totally random thread from some totally random person :)

Around the Network

Most of these games were never released in PAL countries cry*

Ruler said:

Really?  That sucks.  At least you guys didn't have to start a petition just to get Nintendo to release Xenoblade over there.  I am one of those who actually imported the PAL version before it got announced for NA :)

1: Xenoblade Chronicles. Excellent music, great cast of characters, great pacing, difficulty progressed very well to where there were no extreme spikes one way or the other, best battle system of all the games IMO, epic story, epic setting... Let's just say if there is such a thing as a perfect game this would be it.

2: Xenogears. Also excellent music, great cast of characters, pacing was a little mixed, difficulty spikes during some fights, but still decent difficulty (the second disk was pretty much a player gimme though), great battle system, epic story, good setting. For the first game of its kind it was a hell of an effort, fully enjoyable from beginning to end.

3: Xenoblade X: Pretty much what an Episode I should be. Xenosaga take note. Lots to do, great soundtrack, epic world to explore, great cast of characters, great smaller arc setting up events for a greater arc, best use of the mechs, best overall mech designs from the series, the way you upgraded armor and got new skells and so on through investing in a companies research, then being able to befriend aliens and add their gear with research was fresh and fun and felt innovative. I wish more games would implement that.

4: Xenosaga III: Epic ending, great music, great cast of characters, and the battle system in this I remeber being my favorite of the Saga's. The only thing is it's only great if we take all three into consideration. As a lone piece the story felt rushed.

5: Xenosaga I: Don't really remember

6: Xenosaga II: I think I had to force myself to finish this.... Don't really recall this either

Ruler said:

We really need to get those games here in PAL regions. With a Xenocompilation.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Xenogears

I do not like all those spinoffs, and prequels. Give me a real sequel, Xenogears 2!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I've only played Xenoblade X and like that one a lot

Maybe I should try out the other ones..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I've only played the Xenoblade games, and IMO, Xenoblade > XCX.

Really curious to try the Xenosaga games eventually.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Based off what I've played:

1. Xenogears

2. Xenoblade Chronicles

3. Xenoblade Chronicles X

4. Xenosaga, didn't like much after this one.

I want to see a Xenogears HD before I die Square Enix!

I can only rate the music, so

XC 7/10
XCX 2/10, actively making RPG music in other games worse