By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX launch line-up if or, let's be honest, when it releases this year?

Wright said:
Pavolink said:

Not exactly sure if they want to go in this route. Nintendo Land proved that the wrong minigame collection cannot help a console, even less with a big drought. I'm expecting something like Miitomo, or a link to Miitomo (hehe you got it, a link to the past-a link to Miitomot, yeah, yeah!-I sucks) but nothing like Wii Sports or Nintundu Land.

They're both their perspective console's best-selling games. Whether they want or they don't want to go that route, there will definitively be a minigame-game collection thingy.

At least be thankful we won't probably have to endure Wii Play anymore.

Those games were a bit more than a random mini-game collections. Those game were designed to sell and explain the concept of the console itself to consumers. If the NX will have a game like those from the beginning depends on what kind of concept they will try to sell. If they go for a more traditional hi-end console, a mini-game collection at launch would be pretty much pointless.

Around the Network

This console is not launching without a new IP, Nintendo has done that with the Wii U, Wii, and Gamecube.  I wanna say Nintendo has learned from Splatoon and there will be a AAA new IP at launch, but I don't believe that, I think there's gonna be a smaller budget new IP.  

Soundwave said:
Pavolink said:

I see Smash more in February- March 2017 and Mario NX at launch, to fill the gaps.

2 ports for launch would be bad. Zelda HD and Mario NX seems like a more interesting launch.

Zelda isn't really a "port" from a consumers POV, it's a brand new game. I mean Nintendo could even do what they did with Twilight Princess and make the NX version come out first. I think Zelda + Mario in the launch window might be overkill. You probably are better off spacing them out, I'm assuming there will be other NX titles here too like say Diddy Kong Racing NX or whatever Retro's games is to think about also. 

From consumers POV its not port but its cross platform game, launch new platform with cross platform game and port (SSB4) wouldnt be smartest move, nobody will buy NX for SSB4 port, SSB4 port would be great title to fill gap like Pavlink wrote already, and after Wii U next Nintendo platform relly needs strong launch titles, new 3D Mario and Zelda U would be killer combination, especially if we had Pikmin 4. After Wii U I am sure Nintendo will have some prepared titles for post launch titles in order to have strong 1st year for platform.

Pavolink said:
Wright said:

The only thing I'm confident in is the NX having some kind of launch game minigame-collection in the vein of Wii Sports or Nintendo Land. Those have proven to be quite profitable.

Not exactly sure if they want to go in this route. Nintendo Land proved that the wrong minigame collection cannot help a console, even less with a big drought. I'm expecting something like Miitomo, or a link to Miitomo (hehe you got it, a link to the past-a link to Miitomot, yeah, yeah!-I sucks) but nothing like Wii Sports or Nintundu Land.

Nintendo Land or similar game is great like launch title, but only like suport title not like key title, for instance something like that would come along with 3D Mario and Zelda U port would be great.

Wiibaron said:
Monkey Ball NX, Mario Kart 9, Luigi Sunshine, Donkey Kong Maker, Mario [NFL] Football, F-Zero NX, Wave Race, Contra NX, Zombie2, Toad's Awesome Trek.

Cmon, be realistic. :L

Thunderbird77 said:

Two exceptional situations don't makew a rule. There's no reason the next zelda will take 5 years.

You would ignore the past 16 years and trust the proven to be incompetent Zelda team to deliever a ground up NX installment before 2020? No for not even Nintendo is that foolish. They already knew how long it takes them to release games as evident by TP going multiplatform. Pokemon on the other hand is proven to be reliable with a new release almost every year since it's inception. Course that's to be expected with how much easier Pokemon games are to make.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Wiibaron said:
Monkey Ball NX, Mario Kart 9, Luigi Sunshine, Donkey Kong Maker, Mario [NFL] Football, F-Zero NX, Wave Race, Contra NX, Zombie2, Toad's Awesome Trek.

Cmon, be realistic. :L

Thunderbird77 said:

Two exceptional situations don't makew a rule. There's no reason the next zelda will take 5 years.

You would ignore the past 16 years and trust the proven to be incompetent Zelda team to deliever a ground up NX installment before 2020? No for not even Nintendo is that foolish. They already knew how long it takes them to release games as evident by TP going multiplatform. Pokemon on the other hand is proven to be reliable with a new release almost every year since it's inception. Course that's to be expected with how much easier Pokemon games are to make.

16 years? Not only it's 10 years but also just 2 games, wich is a very small sample. And both had exceptional reasons to take long. TP being on wii and wii u has nothing to do with this, as SS was expected for 2009.

"Luigi's Mansion 3 is planned to be Nintendo's impressive visual launch title. The goal I've been told, was when the team at Next Level and EAD Tokyo 2 saw the American commercial for Luigi's Mansion 2 (aka Dark Moon) their goal was to create something that visually stunning for NX and according to sources they have come "damn close to it" with one saying "it's going to cause arguments on the internet whether it's a bullsh*t or not despite us developers knowing you can achieve something like on the current hardware specs". The game uses a lot of advance lighting techniques to create this "living 3d cartoon movie" look with insanely detailed shadows and transparencies. It also shows off the haptic analog sticks, which will resist when trying to capture ghosts. An AR multiplayer mode is also planned to be in the final version of the game."

http://dualpixels.com/2016/03/14/rumor-luigis-mansion-on-nintendo-nx-details/

Wyrdness said:
"Luigi's Mansion 3 is planned to be Nintendo's impressive visual launch title. The goal I've been told, was when the team at Next Level and EAD Tokyo 2 saw the American commercial for Luigi's Mansion 2 (aka Dark Moon) their goal was to create something that visually stunning for NX and according to sources they have come "damn close to it" with one saying "it's going to cause arguments on the internet whether it's a bullsh*t or not despite us developers knowing you can achieve something like on the current hardware specs". The game uses a lot of advance lighting techniques to create this "living 3d cartoon movie" look with insanely detailed shadows and transparencies. It also shows off the haptic analog sticks, which will resist when trying to capture ghosts. An AR multiplayer mode is also planned to be in the final version of the game."

http://dualpixels.com/2016/03/14/rumor-luigis-mansion-on-nintendo-nx-details/

Well, if that's true, so much for all those 3D Mario predictions!

Thunderbird77 said:

16 years? Not only it's 10 years but also just 2 games, wich is a very small sample. And both had exceptional reasons to take long. TP being on wii and wii u has nothing to do with this, as SS was expected for 2009.

I typo'd, ment 14 years, WW released in 2002, and yes that's exactly the issue, only 3 games in 14 years. I shouldn't need to bring up how many Pokemon games have released in the same amount of time. You might want to ignore n dismiss all that just so you can have something to nitpick and argue about, but no one else will.

SJReiter said:

Even if it is, how does that stop 3D Mario? Is NLG even big enough to be making two games at once?

SJReiter said:

Tbh 3D Mario hasn't launched a Nintendo platform since the DS over a decade ago, it's become more of a holiday game for a platform's first year, Luigi is also becoming the more popular brother among gamers.