By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates up!

Lawlight said:
But I thought consoles were dying :(

that's just something said by jealous pc fanboys, the ps4 sold even faster at launch than what the ps2 did and that's one of the best selling home consoles of all time, not to mention the millions of people who prefers to play on consoles rather on pc since pc isn't perfect and it also has it flaws that consoles don't, same thing viceversa, so they are not dying anytime soon

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

Who said that?

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

smellslikejavier1 said:
Lawlight said:

that's just something said by jealous pc fanboys, the ps4 sold even faster at launch than what the ps2 did and that's one of the best selling home consoles of all time, not to mention the millions of people who prefers to play on consoles rather on pc since pc isn't perfect and it also has it flaws that consoles don't, same thing viceversa, so they are not dying anytime soon

And the opposite totally hasn't been thrown towards PC gamers by jealous console folk for years on end? (notice I didn't say "fanboys" in an insulting tone). Again there are plenty of PC gamers out there that prefer to play on PC and even gamersawho own both consoles and PC. Consoles aren't perfect either by the way.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
smellslikejavier1 said:

And the opposite totally hasn't been thrown towards PC gamers by jealous console folk for years on end? (notice I didn't say "fanboys" in an insulting tone). Again there are plenty of PC gamers out there that prefer to play on PC and even gamersawho own both consoles and PC. Consoles aren't perfect either by the way.

that's why i said "viceversa" on my original message and i never said they were perfect the same way pc isn't perfect, and no i think is has been said more by jealous pc folks rather than the opposite, as well as there are plenty of consoles gamers who prefers to play on consoles even if they have both consoles and pc.

Chazore said:
smellslikejavier1 said:

Actually I think both of you are acting like "fanboys", and that is the kind of stuff that ruins what would otherwise be a wonderful place to share and enjoy inside the gaming industry.

There's not even a point arguing about that kind of stuff, no matter what you said or what you "think is true" consoles would still be successful because there are people who enjoys playing on them and PC would still be successful because there are people who enjoy playing on that, and it doesn't even matter what you two said to each other since you'll still be playing on your favorite gaming platform.

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

Around the Network
smellslikejavier1 said:

that's why i said "viceversa" on my original message and i never said they were perfect the same way pc isn't perfect, and no i think is has been said more by jealous pc folks rather than the opposite, as well as there are plenty of consoles gamers who prefers to play on consoles even if they have both consoles and pc.

I don't see it that way at all, even taking a gander at Youtube comments tells me differently than you do.

You just seem to want to pin it all on PC players and that's honestly not going to be a healthy topic for this site at all ebcause all that's going to do is getting me and some others clashing because you can't keep it down.

Chazore said:
smellslikejavier1 said:

I don't see it that way at all, even taking a gander at Youtube comments tells me differently than you do.

You just seem to want to pin it all on PC players and that's honestly not going to be a healthy topic for this site at all ebcause all that's going to do is getting me and some others clashing because you can't keep it down.

well youtube's comments are a toxic place no matter the subject, but since i don't go to pc related videos i can't tell if there are console gamers bashing on pc exclusives, but i do see the occassional pc gamer bashing on some ps exclusives videos, they aren't many but they are there.

actually i was referring to the fanboys, since thankfully there are real friendly gamers on both sides, but if i'm "pinning it" on pc players then you like "pinning it" on console gamers too, since all your comments are exactly as mine just changing the platforms.

fabriciodel96 said:
Chazore said:

Actually I think both of you are acting like "fanboys", and that is the kind of stuff that ruins what would otherwise be a wonderful place to share and enjoy inside the gaming industry.

There's no even a point arguing about that kind of stuff, consoles would still be successful because there are people who enjoys playing on them and PC would still the successful because there are people who enjoy playing on that, and it doesn't even matter what you two said to each other since you'll still be playing on your favorite gaming platform.

Here here.  Down with this sort of thing!  

@shadow: I wonder will PSVR have an effect.  I don't see a wii like effect because that was huge but I can see a Kinect like effect if it's successful.  The American economy has improved very nicely since the recession so people are probably more likely to splash the cash on expensive fads. 

OneKartVita said:
fabriciodel96 said:

There's no even a point arguing about that kind of stuff, consoles would still be successful because there are people who enjoys playing on them and PC would still the successful because there are people who enjoy playing on that, and it doesn't even matter what you two said to each other since you'll still be playing on your favorite gaming platform.

Here here.  Down with this sort of thing!  

@shadow: I wonder will PSVR have an effect.  I don't see a wii like effect because that was huge but I can see a Kinect like effect if it's successful.  The American economy has improved very nicely since the recession so people are probably more likely to splash the cash on expensive fads. 

I don't even see a kinect like effect cause you know....PSVr will cost at least $300. I don't see a lot of people spending $350 only to spend another $300 for VR. I think for now, PSVr is geared more to those that already own the console. And maybe by fall next year we see it and a PS4 slim bundled together for $399. 

Shadow1980 said:
Chazore said:

Who said that?

A lot of people did, actually, ranging from analysts to gaming website authors to a few people in the industry to regular folks on discussions boards:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/09/tech/gaming-gadgets/console-gaming-dead/
http://www.seattlepi.com/business/fool/article/How-the-Gaming-Industry-Is-Getting-its-Head-4620642.php
http://kotaku.com/5973498/weapons-of-mass-disruption-3-how-and-why-consoles-will-die
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/console-gaming-is-dead-everything-good-is-happening-on-pc-right-now-1260162
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/console-gaming-is-actually-what-s-dying-ironic-isn-31086566/
http://toucharcade.com/2015/07/07/tv-sucks/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2016/03/07/xbox-one-and-ps4-is-the-death-of-consoles-inevitable/#9240b5a7be19
http://www.pcworld.com/article/222153/angry_birds_exec_rip_console_gaming.html
http://tsl.news/articles/2014/2/14/lifeandstyle/4736-video-games-the-dying-age-of-the-home-console
http://www.examiner.com/article/are-console-games-a-dying-breed

Et cetera, et cetera. Just Google "consoles are dying."

and in the end is essentially just blah blah blah, articles about the same subject have been circulating for like what more than 10 years now? and everything is still the same, even there you have the ps4 selling even faster and better at launch than the ps2 at its launch and the same thing while comparing it to last gen consoles, if they were dying should be the other way around, just like the exact same many articles that said that the xbox one will be the one dominating this generation, etc  just pure speculation.

if consoles are still being so successful right now after nearly 30 years is because there are so many people who prefers something more simple like for example putting a disk inside your console and play rather than having to worry about system requirements or having to pay more money and upgrade it to make sure newer games works properly on it, because lets face it the majority percentage of the gaming community as a whole likes things simple so they don't have the time and money or doesn't even care about that, and people who plays on pc who actually cares about doing that are also in the minority of the gaming community.

if it also had something to do with console exclusives for example i don't see why multi platform games are the ones with generally the most sales on them, it should be the other way around then, if everyone has probably a proper decent pc to make them run you'd expect them to play them on there and only play exclusives on consoles, and sales say that isn't the case.

i'm not saying they won't evolve in some way in the future, being able to play with them in a more digital form instead of buying them as hardware, but implying that they will "die" and that people will only play on pc on the future is just very unlikely to happen in my opinion.