By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates up!

Jranation said:
OneKartVita said:

does SFV include digital or something? 

Im not sure. From past comments, theres people are saying "hopefully SFV digital is good" 

in your post you said (doesn't include digital) for fire emplem. but you didn't bother putting it after SFV. NPD doesn't track digital so you should be putting it for both. 

Around the Network

PS4 IS NUMBER 1?!?!? NO WAY

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

tbone51 said:
OneKartVita said:

does SFV include digital or something? 

No but it's under 210k and FE is 315k retail. FE has a high digital ratio because it was literally sold out in stores. 

No. Ok so NPD numners don't include digital. Just confused as to why he stated that for one but not the other. Regardig the sales of both games, I don't care for them so I'm just curious about that post. 

kooltrex said:

PS4 IS NUMBER 1?!?!? NO WAY

Long live the king!!!

lol, you guys.

Anyway, this is what the Top 10 looks like when you combine all SKU's.

1. Far Cry Primal (PS4, XB1)
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (XB1, PS4, 360, PS3)
3. Fire Emblem Fates (ALL) (3DS)
4. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XB1, 360, PS3)
5. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm (PS4, XB1)
6. NBA 2K16 (PS4, XB1, 360, PS3)
7. Lego Marvel Avengers (PS4, 360, XB1, NWU, PS3, 3DS, PSV)
8. Street Fighter V (PS4)
9. Minecraft (360, XB1, PS4, PS3)
10. Fallout 4 (PS4, XB1)

every game in the top 10 is on ps4 apart from 1.

good to see far cry top the month and black ops continues to beast.

gta 5 is a beast. like getting in the top 10 i get but holy shit all the way up at #4 and that's without the sizable PC steam sales.

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
Jranation said:

Im not sure. From past comments, theres people are saying "hopefully SFV digital is good" 

in your post you said (doesn't include digital) for fire emplem. but you didn't bother putting it after SFV. NPD doesn't track digital so you should be putting it for both. 

Oh that was what Boutros wrote on the first page. (with the second half saying how Fates with digital sales is less than 400k) I just copied and paste it. 

Thats why I said that im not sure if SFV  does include digital sales or not. Because we have an idea of FE Fates sales With and Without Digital sales. While Sony didn't give that for SFV. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

ZhugeEX said:
lol, you guys.

Anyway, this is what the Top 10 looks like when you combine all SKU's.

1. Far Cry Primal (PS4, XB1)
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (XB1, PS4, 360, PS3)
3. Fire Emblem Fates (ALL) (3DS)
4. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XB1, 360, PS3)
5. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm (PS4, XB1)
6. NBA 2K16 (PS4, XB1, 360, PS3)
7. Lego Marvel Avengers (PS4, 360, XB1, NWU, PS3, 3DS, PSV)
8. Street Fighter V (PS4)
9. Minecraft (360, XB1, PS4, PS3)
10. Fallout 4 (PS4, XB1)

The minecraft for PSV Physical Version didn't release in the US? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

So... Fire Emblem would be at 3rd if the versions were combined? That's pretty amazing, it did better than I expected. I can see this game reaching 1m just in NA this year.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Forgot iy was today. Tag

Jranation said:
binary solo said:

I must have missed it. This is the first time I'm seeing you quoting me.

Oh thats alright! I think  me and Tbone quoted you at the same time, where my one went to a new page. Soooo when you click back at this thread it only directed you to Tbone. 

I see, so there are two versions of the game. I had no idea since I know very little of the franchise or the game. Is it like the pokemon situation where you can only have one game save per game? Why are there two versions? Would many people buy both versions? Does this aggregate of sales represent what the game would have sold if they had only released one version like pretty much every game ever aside from Pokemon?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix