By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Sony To Drop Dr. Luke

Sony To Reportedly Drop Dr. Luke Amid Legal Battle With Kesha

The producer's lawsuit with the singer has apparently become "a public relations headache" for Sony.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sony-to-drop-dr-luke_us_56e07003e4b0860f99d78607

I hope this isn't true. This is ridiculous. 

Around the Network

Not worth the PR nightmare really. Popular artists and their fans turning against you... that's the last thing a music company would ever want.

I don't know what to believe but lean towards Ke$ha not lying for various reasons. With that said, we have no actual proof so the judge did the right thing.

However, I believe Ke$ha should just be released from her contract at this point. It's clear that she doesn't want to work with him & it's been a PR nightmare for Sony & Luke. It sucks for them if she's lying but at this point, nothing you can do, cut your losses and move on

[] [] [] {} [] 

Why don´t they simply replace him with another producer? If she doesn´t have to work with him then there should be no problem at all.

Yup...RO friggin rocked  
itsFizz said:
Why don´t they simply replace him with another producer? If she doesn´t have to work with him then there should be no problem at all.

The contract means she can only work with him, working with anyone else is a breach of it.

Around the Network

kesha is hot and men are pigs and improper use of power is really commonplace in the entertainment industry so i defacto believe dr. luke sexually assulted her.

kitler53 said:
kesha is hot and men are pigs and improper use of power is really commonplace in the entertainment industry so i defacto believe dr. luke sexually assulted her.

Yea my issue is I've seen way to many women lie about serious things like this for much less reasons then getting out of a contract. My ex told everyone I beat her instead of admitting to a drug issue when asked why we broke up. All her friends saw how cute I was and how ugly her new BF was and she would always get asked WTF were you thinking. Didn't find out till I banged one of her best friends and she told me that she was going around telling people that.

My best friends wife tried to get domestic abuse charges against him during his divorce because if he got charged then she would get alimony if not she wouldn't get it because they were married under ten years. Fucked up part is she actually phsycally abused him several times busting him in the face throwing her phone at him and whipping him in the legs with his laptop cord when he had to leave for work in an emergency.

Add to the fact that pretty much all women in the entertrainment industry are psycho and it's just a confusing story. Espicially these days people are really going all out with making up stories about racism or feminisim. It's just so hard to know what to believe anymore.

Wyrdness said:
itsFizz said:

The contract means she can only work with him, working with anyone else is a breach of it.

Except that SONY allowed her to work with different producers. What was her reaction? 

"It's also true that Sony won't make Kesha continue to work directly with Dr. Luke in order to fulfill her six-album contract.

But none of this means much, Kesha and her lawyers argue, given Dr. Luke's tremendous power and influence at Sony, and given the reality of how brief a pop star's career can be.

Kesha's attorneys say Sony simply won't promote anything Kesha does with a different producer because Dr. Luke wants to set Kesha up to fail. Meanwhile, if Kesha has to wait for her lawsuit against Dr. Luke to be resolved, she won't be able to record with anyone else during that time, she'll fall further into obscurity, and her career will effectively be over."

Can this get any more ridiculous? I thought you were trying to leave SONY to pursuit your true artistic vision, regardless of sales. 

Let alone the fact that the only hits you had were produced by Dr. Luke. I am sorry to say but I think you already faded into obsecurity, your second album flopped and that's when you started complaining. 

The fact that she went to court to mainly ask to get out of her contract, instead of getting Dr. Luke behind bars, says just as much.

I find the support she is getting appalling, but not surprising, I am sure many female singers are looking to improve their contract using "I have a vagina" card.

kitler53 said:

Although beauty is all in the eye of the beholder....

http://www.blogilates.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/kesha-bikini-ugly.jpg

Rain2 said:
I don't know what to believe but lean towards Ke$ha not lying for various reasons. With that said, we have no actual proof so the judge did the right thing.

However, I believe Ke$ha should just be released from her contract at this point. It's clear that she doesn't want to work with him & it's been a PR nightmare for Sony & Luke. It sucks for them if she's lying but at this point, nothing you can do, cut your losses and move on

There should be a cost to breaking deals & contracts though.

You dont want to set a presedence, so later down the line, every new star just ends up crying wolf, and running away, laughing all the way to the bank.