By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - People had unrealistic expectations for the nintendo direct.

This isn't an E3 presentation. They announced it 1 day before. It was supposed to be an informative update on current nintendo projects, and as that it did very well. (Continued support of mariomaker and splatoon, several long-awaited localizations for 3ds)

Last year's E3 was badly received for the lack of major announcments, it is to be expected that Nintendo reserves any further big budget games for the event. Actually thinking about it, the direct had almost the same amount of content as last year's E3 -for a direct, that's enough?

The direct confirmed continued support for the 3ds (taking localizations and the pokemon stuff in consideration, the amount of content revealed for north america this month is really impressive, actually.), probably the most one could have hoped for. That EAD already moved to the NX should not come as a surprise. (This is a bit unrelated, but I really love how smooth the transition was for this community to accept Zelda U being shared with the next generation)

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network

True. I expected nothing and got 2 things I'm looking forward to

You obviously didn't see the new Paper Mario and 'Metroid prime'. The Direct itself was good but the new Paper Mario destroyed overall impression.

KLXVER said:
True. I expected nothing and got 2 things I'm looking forward to

Me too ! I'm looking forward to the N3DS SNES releases and to Star Fox Guard !!

I think setting my expectations extremely low after reading the leak was the best thing to do...

I guess. Something that I liked was the format of the presentation itself. It felt faster and smoother than usual. A little slow during the 3DS games, but better than the usual ND.

I knew what I was expecting with the content, and we got 2 major (whether you like it or not) titles announced, so it was a fine direct.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

It's kind of amusing that this thread gets made after every single Direct.

I actually went in expecting just that European leak, and got a lot more than I bargained for. I'm still upset by Paper Mario though.

I don't think a good Paper Mario sequel is an unrealistic expectation.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

You're not understanding the controversy. No one is mad that they didn't announce enough or whatever. They're mad that they continue to announce stuff we don't want. I actually went into it expecting to not be impressed. I didn't expect to be infuriated.

I was expecting nothing new and just more on star fox and other March/ April releases. So this direct blew me away that they announce anything new with NX coming. Impressed me with the support there still giving the wii u! Confused how people are complaining about this or the release schedule saying this year's going to be bad. Where were this people in 2013,2014,2015!?!?!? This year is the best year so far there's no drought at the beginning of the year like previous years with 3 titles in March alone Zelda/pokken/ mariosonic! Kind of weird no big wigs in the direct through, Reggie was missing.