By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Phil Spencer Gets Wrong About The Cost Of PC Gaming

SvennoJ said:
DM235 said:
He's totally correct (although that was probably based on the error on the original recommended requirements for Quantum Break).

The recommended video card for Quantum Break was a NVIDIA GeForce 980 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 Fury X, which cost about $700 (double the cost of an XBox One, which comes with a game and a controller).

Quantumbreak.com has since updated their requirements and moved that spec to their Ultra requirements, and changed the Recommended spec to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 390, which cost about $350.

The internet needs to stop overreacting about silly things.

http://www.pcgamer.com/quantum-break-system-requirements-out-windows-10-required/

So minimum specs is an $83 gpu, recommended $340.
But what do you need to make it look the same as on XBox One.

we'll have to wait for digital foundry's analysis.

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
I was told by a few pc players on here recently that windows games are badly optimised so maybe in that case he's right. But games that release on Steam he's wrong for sure. So I guess we can't jump on him just yet.

it's true, many AAA games are very poorly optimized to the point where it almost feels intentional.  I still prefer PC and only have a PS4 for exclusives and Wii U for its original hardware but the situation is highly frustrating and I'm getting to the point where I will just not buy games from certain developers and/or publishers if this trend continues